• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What wallet do you use?

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
zissou- how long have you been doing leatherwork? what tools did you use for the cardholder? i really like it and would like to do some experimenting of my own

Hangdog

Reaction score
A black stingray skin billfold my dad bought me when I was eight. Tough as nails.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rosenberg
zissou- how long have you been doing leatherwork? what tools did you use for the cardholder? i really like it and would like to do some experimenting of my own

Well, I have been making things for about a year, and that was the first thing I made. For that, all you need is a sharp blade/rotary cutter, leather, waxed thread, needle, and I used one of those four hole-punch things for making the holes for stitching:
3052-00-L.JPG-250x

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Look who the cat dragged in!
smile.gif

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Woofers
Do any of you carry an orange Hermes wallet or card holder? Please post pics if you do. I love their signature orange color. Does anyone else make wallets or cardholders in the same color, perhaps some brands who are less 'ahem' taxing on the wallet?

Try Richard James. Will Launer do custom jobs?

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Woofers
Do any of you carry an orange Hermes wallet or card holder? Please post pics if you do. I love their signature orange color. Does anyone else make wallets or cardholders in the same color, perhaps some brands who are less 'ahem' taxing on the wallet?
I use the Hermes orange passport case. If you are looking for less painful options in that color, Galerie Lafayette had a number of things that were almost a perfect match. I think it was one of their house brands, but I'm not sure.

Woofers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wanderingpilgrim
I use the Hermes orange passport case. If you are looking for less painful options in that color, Galerie Lafayette had a number of things that were almost a perfect match. I think it was one of their house brands, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for the tip-off! Will check out their website...

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea when this Mulholland Brothers wallet is from?? I just scored it on the bay for $30 nwt's

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it turns out to say that it's made in the U.S. then it would be one of their older wallets, as I believe (others should chime in) that they've now moved production overseas.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads