• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What universities / colleges you attend or attended

Ranjeev

Reaction score
Hey Alan C, nothing wrong with a public school. Some of the most intelligent and successful people I know went to public schools. FCS, I'll answer your question when I have a bit more time. Got an exam and essay due in the morning...

Brian SD

Reaction score
Hey Alan C, nothing wrong with a public school. Some of the most intelligent and successful people I know went to public schools. FCS, I'll answer your question when I have a bit more time. Got an exam and essay due in the morning...
I have to tell myself things like this when my confidence diminishes after seeing so many fine schools and majors that members on this board attend. I feel like white trash. But what can I say, I love my school, my city, and my scene.
smile.gif
I am a firm believer that to have class does not require an upper-class income, but after reading this board so much and seeing such eloquent language and prestigious careers, I can't come to believe that my theology is 100% true.

Looking to improve

Reaction score
First year of university at Erasmus University Rotterdam, then switched to Maastricht University, where I graduated with a degree in Economics (Accounting). Thereafter I attended a postgraduate program to become the Dutch equivalent of a CPA. However, I still have not completed that one and doubt I ever will... My interest in clothes started with the publication in the Netherlands of a book called Man en Pak (Man and Suit). After that I bought several other books that are well known among you all. And I started buying progressively better clothes, although perhaps not up to the standards of others in the forum. Still, it's nice to have something to aspire to Â
biggrin.gif
. MtB

vero_group

Reaction score
BS, Operations Research
BS, Mathematical Sciences

Both from Southern Methodist University, 1993.

Currently working on my Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.

Graduate school is not for me.

humrepair

Reaction score
Brian.
Stick with your principles.Having class is all about how you treat other people.Not what school you attended or how much money you have accumulated.Some of the classiest people I know never went to college.
Neil
Temple University-B.A.
University of Pennsylvania-M.D.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BM-Curtis Institute MM-Jailyard DMA (hopefully 2005)-Jailyard So, I'll have three completely useless degrees.
confused.gif

PeterMetro

Reaction score
BM-Curtis Institute MM-Jailyard DMA (hopefully 2005)-Jailyard So, I'll have three completely useless degrees.
confused.gif
Given the reputation of those two schools, I'd say they were far from useless. BA from NYU. Go Violets.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Hey Alan C, nothing wrong with a public school. Â Some of the most intelligent and successful people I know went to public schools.
Oh, I don't lose any sleep over it. I take solace in the fact that I didn't have to pay for any of it.
wink.gif

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
BA - Political Science and Communications Hillsdale College, Hillsdale, Michigan 1989 I first became interested in clothes when I walked into my high school, looked down and realized that I was naked. Oh wait, that was a nightmare Â
biggrin.gif
Bradford

keayts

Reaction score
Cornell University, '04. And about to be late for a prelim.

vero_group

Reaction score
Having a CFA is equivilent to having an MBA I hear though, correct? Â Best of luck with that.
I don't know about that, but the CFA is certainly more prestigious in certain circles. MBAs seem to be a dime a dozen these days. I think there are only 50,000 CFAs worldwide. I do know that only 37% passed the last CFA exam I took -- and passed.
smile.gif
Thanks for the good wishes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads