• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What UK online stores sell clothes suitable for a 25 year old?

adamt

Reaction score
Hi,

25 year old guy (26 soon) from England, UK
As its been a while since i updated my wardrobe, i wondered what the recommended shops are, ideally online ones in the UK

I'm not a designer shopper (e.g. Ralph Lauren), i just buy looks that are 'in season' and look good on me
But having a mortgage and other commitments dont want to spend lots

I currently shop online for convenience, and my usual online shops are Zara, GAP, Uniqlo, Asos and Massimo Dutty (when they have a sale)
These are the only few shops I can find which have clothes that seem to suit my age group

i generally wear:
- chinos or cargos, sometimes denim jeans,
- thin jumpers/sweaters (creme, beige, navy and browns),
with a plain t-shirt or shirt underneath,
- sometimes just a shirt...
- boat shoes

I was wondering what other shops in the UK that have similar styles to the above shops?
I looked at Jack wills but its too pricey for my current budget plus it seems a bit of a younger style
= my ideal priced clothing would be lowest at Uniqlo and highest at Zara

Any ideas?

thank you

Tweedy

Reaction score
If you are on a budget why not look at vintage shops ;)

Denise

Last edited:

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

anyone please?

Does it have to be online?

I would stay away from ordering online until you have honed your style somewhat and you know what will fit you and what will not.

Buy basics from Uniqlo such as dark selvedge jeans, plain t shirts, oxford cloth button down shirts and linen shirts

Gap will be good for slim fit chinos. Buy some suede loafers as a smarter alternative to deck shoes.

Focus on the correct fit and buy staple items. Do not buy things that are 'in season'. They will be out of fashion within a year. Shop in the sales and discount shops.

Should be a good start.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not go t bricks and mortar shops until you have a better understanding of what you want. look about in the street and form ideas that way as well. On line is fine if you know your sizes, know the sizes of the brand you are looking at and are certain of what you want. Not otherwise.

Snedley

Reaction score
Hi,

25 year old guy (26 soon) from England, UK
As its been a while since i updated my wardrobe, i wondered what the recommended shops are, ideally online ones in the UK

I'm not a designer shopper (e.g. Ralph Lauren), i just buy looks that are 'in season' and look good on me
But having a mortgage and other commitments dont want to spend lots

I currently shop online for convenience, and my usual online shops are Zara, GAP, Uniqlo, Asos and Massimo Dutty (when they have a sale)
These are the only few shops I can find which have clothes that seem to suit my age group

i generally wear:
- chinos or cargos, sometimes denim jeans,
- thin jumpers/sweaters (creme, beige, navy and browns),
with a plain t-shirt or shirt underneath,
- sometimes just a shirt...
- boat shoes

I was wondering what other shops in the UK that have similar styles to the above shops?
I looked at Jack wills but its too pricey for my current budget plus it seems a bit of a younger style
= my ideal priced clothing would be lowest at Uniqlo and highest at Zara

Any ideas?

thank you
http://www.harrods.com/men

adamt

Reaction score
thank you for the replies,

i do know the look im going for, its just i want a more selection of mens clothes shops than just my local high street, which is limited to:
Topman, River island, Zara, Burton

So i dont want to wear so common brands,

i have come across the following which is what i am looking for:
Bank fashion, Pull & Bear, Bershka

What other ones are there that sell online?

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about Mr Porter? Probably out of the OPs price range but doesn't the EU sale start soon? I grabbed a bunch of stuff at 50-70% off during the last 2 sales.
Fred

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thank you for the replies,

i do know the look im going for, its just i want a more selection of mens clothes shops than just my local high street, which is limited to:
Topman, River island, Zara, Burton

So i dont want to wear so common brands,

i have come across the following which is what i am looking for:
Bank fashion, Pull & Bear, Bershka

What other ones are there that sell online?

The only worthwhile one listed above is Zara and even then you can do a lot better. Avoid all of the other shops mentioned above.

II think Uniqlo and Gap should be the minimum level of quality to aim for.

Putonghua73

Reaction score

The only worthwhile one listed above is Zara and even then you can do a lot better. Avoid all of the other shops mentioned above.
II think Uniqlo and Gap should be the minimum level of quality to aim for.

Agreed. Zara is not bad for the price in terms of quality for staples i.e. sweaters (v-neck). I could never get on with Uniqlo - although they do sometimes have good sweaters (v- neck and round neck) on sale.

Topman, River Island and Burtons? That's the preserve of a 16 year old with a Saturday job (when I was 16).

What about Banana Republic? Bought a merino wool dark grey v-neck in Princeton back in 2005. Also, added a scarf and a couple of other items and all came to less than a $100. I distinctly remember embarrassing my friend when I asked the SA, "Is that all?" when she told me the price. It was $2 : £1 back then.

I'm more Nicole Fahri for trousers and Nigel Hall for merino wool v-necks. Maybe out of your budget. Have you considered eBay?

Glad to hear that not everyone in your age range is wearing low-cuts hanging around their arse or the ubiquitous Superdry clothing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads