What type of people attend culinary school?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Pantisocrat, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Pantisocrat

Pantisocrat Senior member

I dropped out of law school and plan to do something more fun with my life. Right now, I have two options, attend culinary school or join the military. I think option 1 seems like a better fit.

2. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Go for it if you have a passion for cooking, etc!

3. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

What Type Of People Attend Culinary School?

Those who want to learn about the Culinary Arts!

My GFs little brother for example.

While there are some very successful chefs, there are a lot more successful lawyers.
    My GFs little brother (who is only 20) said he already knows he doesn't want to have kinds because you don't make enough money as a chef to support a family. (this is the part where 20 people chime in to correct me and say that they know somebody who makes a great living as a chef. Good for you bro's. Congratulations on being internet know-it-alls.) He even interned at what is most likely the most expensive restaurant in NYC, so he has seen that it is possible to make a lot of money as a chef, but he is also realistic and knows that its very much the exception, and not the norm.

But if you are of the mind where you would rather do something that you love than make lot's of money, and cooking is something you will love, more power to you.

4. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

While there are some very successful chefs, there are a lot more successful lawyers.
    My GFs little brother (who is only 20) said he already knows he doesn't want to have kids because you don't make enough money as a chef to support a family. (this is the part where 20 people chime in to correct me and say that they know somebody who makes a great living as a chef. Good for you bro's. Congratulations on being internet know-it-alls.) He even interned at what is most likely the most expensive restaurant in NYC, so he has seen that it is possible to make a lot of money as a chef, but he is also realistic and knows that its very much the exception, and not the norm.

But if you are of the mind where you would rather do something that you love than make lot's of money, and cooking is something you will love, more power to you.

5. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

My GFs little brother (who is only 20) said he already knows he doesn't want to have kinds because you don't make enough money as a chef to support a family. (this is the part where 20 people chime in to correct me and say that they know somebody who makes a great living as a chef. Good for you bros. Congratulations on being internet know-it-alls.) He even interned at what is most likely the most expensive restaurant in NYC, so he has seen that it is possible to make a lot of money as a chef, but he is also realistic and knows that it's very much the exception, and not the norm.

6. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

My GFs little brother (who is only 20) said he already knows he doesn't want to have kins because you don't make enough money as a chef to support a family. (this is the part where 20 people chime in to correct me and say that they know somebody who makes a great living as a chef. Good for you bros. Congratulations on being internet know-it-alls.) He even interned at what is most likely the most expensive restaurant in NYC, so he has seen that it is possible to make a lot of money as a chef, but he is also realistic and knows that it's very much the exception, and not the norm.

7. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

Yep option 1.

Whatever you do put your heart in to it.

8. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

where is kyle?