• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

what type of messenger bag is this?

gabby11303

Reaction score
this is stretching it, but I'll do my best to describe. I've seen several people with them, but never had the chance to ask somebody.

they usually aren't the typical canvas type material. I've seen them worn with the strap across the chest at an angle and the bag itself sort of curves or wraps around the person's torso. make any sense?

AJPA

Reaction score

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Several people have these bags. They are called messenger bags. They are typically made of canvas and leather with a shoulder strap that runs across the body. The bag itself will then rest at the persons torso. The strap usually is of canvas as well.

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gabby11303
this is stretching it, but I'll do my best to describe. I've seen several people with them, but never had the chance to ask somebody.

they usually aren't the typical canvas type material. I've seen them worn with the strap across the chest at an angle and the bag itself sort of curves or wraps around the person's torso. make any sense?

This is a terrible description.

Sounds like you're describing a bike messenger bag (e.g., Timbuk2, Manhattan Portage, Chrome, etc).

nemo

Reaction score
Stab in the dark, but I'm guessing he's talking about those single strap backpacks? Narrow at the top and wide at the bottom, lugged around strap across the front chest.

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought about that too, but then I remembered that this is styleforum

gabby11303

Reaction score
it's not the type of bag above. It's hard to describe though I would say some type of messenger bag.

i'll stop the next person I see with one and ask.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 7 10.1%