what type of bomber jacket is this? Help me get it please.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by VictorC, Oct 23, 2015.

1. VictorC

VictorC Senior member

2. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

Well, it has some characteristics of a USAAF Type A-2, except the wind flap is behind the zipper instead of in front and it has bigger, and uglier, pockets.

The War Department in WWII actually authorized a sort of mush-mash of the A-2 and the Navy's flight jacket, and dubbed it the Type ANJ (army-navy jacket) that vaguely resembles the pictured jacket. However, almost all replicas of any of the above are leather.

3. VictorC

VictorC Senior member

Is the jacket i linked a waxed jacket would you say? I like it because it has an Indiana jones feel to it. But not too Indy. I like the rib knit and the patch front pockets and collars. I also like the texure of it and colour. It has a vintage look and feel to it even though the picture isn't great. Is that how you would describe it?

I prefer cotton over Leather as you can stick it in the washing machine when it gets smelly and dirty. I also already own a Indiana jones jacket, so I like the fact that this one isn't leather, because I don't want to feel as if im impersonating Indy and the leather is a bit too much at time.s

But I would rather not get a army jacket from army shop, just a civilian one like the one I linked would be ideal. Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015