• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We just started watching Dark, a Netflix original from Germany. It’s dark, but the first episode was good.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First ep and a half of Fleabag ,meh, not sure I'm in yet. Too much hype.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Almost through with The Office(!). Is it just me or does the quality of the show inexplicably plummet partway through the final season?

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First ep and a half of Fleabag ,meh, not sure I'm in yet. Too much hype.

I started a few weeks ago and burned through it quickly. I loved it.

Almost through with The Office(!). Is it just me or does the quality of the show inexplicably plummet partway through the final season?

Many would argue that it plummeted after Michael Scott left but I enjoyed it all the way through. I tend to turn it on when in a hotel for background entertainment. Any season works.

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never been more wrong about a TV show than with Fleabag. Hated the first episode, returned to it a few months later and burned through the whole first season in one evening. One of the best shows I've seen in years.

Started Il Miracolo tonight and it already seems head and shoulders above most of the recent Italian shows I've seen. Easily up there with Suburra.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
Blake Stitched Blues, what station is that on?

(Are you Italian? I am, and would love to see this. Suburra was really very good.)

Last edited:

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
Blake Stitched Blues, what station is that on?

(Are you Italian? I am, and would love to see this. Suburra was really very good.)

I think it aired last year on Sky Atlantic and Arte in France. I had to sail the high seas to track it down and it took a bit of work to get all the episodes and subtitles. It's a superb series, and I highly recommend it.

I'm not Italian but I've always liked Italian cinema. Le conseguenze dell'amore is one of my all-time favourite films and I usually keep up with the Italian shows like Suburra. I liked Romanzo Criminale and Gomorrah too, but the TV adaptations of both never reached the same quality as the film versions in my opinion.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it aired last year on Sky Atlantic and Arte in France. I had to sail the high seas to track it down and it took a bit of work to get all the episodes and subtitles. It's a superb series, and I highly recommend it.

I'm not Italian but I've always liked Italian cinema. Le conseguenze dell'amore is one of my all-time favourite films and I usually keep up with the Italian shows like Suburra. I liked Romanzo Criminale and Gomorrah too, but the TV adaptations of both never reached the same quality as the film versions in my opinion.
Oh, wow. I have not even heard of those channels and have no idea how I would find them as I have no cable, etc. Maybe the series will come to NF some day.

Grazie, amico.

No, the TV Gomorrah was not nearly as good as the film I agree, nor RC.

Il commissario Montalbano was fun to watch on PBS, but the entire PBS Italian slate seems to have vanished, at least in Southern California.

Dashing Chris

Reaction score
Just about everyone seems to have at least one video streaming service now. We have Netflix and Amazon Prime and we have a Roku on our two flatscreens as an example. I find myself constantly looking for engaging TV series to stream, as I like to watch them while I exercise at home, and often find them to be from countries other than the US. I thought a thread devoted to streaming interesting series would be cool. Name the series, a brief synopsis, and what service you found it on. All I want is free stuff as I'm cheap.

A couple recent ones for me are:

1) Rake. Set in current time Sydney Australia and tells the story about a brilliant yet degenerate criminal law attorney.
2) Hotel Babylon. Set in current time London it's set in an unltra-lux hotel and tells the story of staff and guests.
3) Hell on Wheels. Set in post-civil war US tells the story of a small frontier town and building of the railway.
Suits...

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
In regards to The Office, I can't be the only chronic watcher here, right? I mean... I've seen every episode well over a dozen times. I mean I'll go home today when I leave the shop and since it's snowing I'll probably sit down to draw and then make some dinner. I'll have The Office on for all of that and then I'll get in another 2-3 hours before I sleep watching. If someone names a quote from The Office, I can mostly likely not only tell you who said it, but who they're saying it to, why, and repeat it with similar if not the same inflection.

anyway...

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In regards to The Office, I can't be the only chronic watcher here, right? I mean... I've seen every episode well over a dozen times. I mean I'll go home today when I leave the shop and since it's snowing I'll probably sit down to draw and then make some dinner. I'll have The Office on for all of that and then I'll get in another 2-3 hours before I sleep watching. If someone names a quote from The Office, I can mostly likely not only tell you who said it, but who they're saying it to, why, and repeat it with similar if not the same inflection.

anyway...

I've watched it all the way through a few times myself. That era of NBC was sitcom heaven. I liked Parks & Rec and Community as well. I can't think of a network sitcom that's even come close to catching my interest since now that I think about it.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've watched it all the way through a few times myself. That era of NBC was sitcom heaven. I liked Parks & Rec and Community as well. I can't think of a network sitcom that's even come close to catching my interest since now that I think about it.

The Good Place, Marvelous Mrs Maisel and Brooklyn Nine Nine are all fantastic if you haven't already seen them.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don’t think I have seen 5 min of 1 ep of the office.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads