• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I watched the first 3 episodes last night: excellent so far. The script is good, the story plausible for the most part (a few "we have to speed this up here" bits but understandable); and the acting very good.

I have never seen S B C in anything before this, because little snippets of his earlier famous work did not interest me...so I am pleasantly surprised to see he is good here.

One weird cinematographic trick was used, and was so odd and unnecessary that it was very noticeable, but it was just a strange small short instance and nothing more. I hope the series doesn't do it more though.

Looking good so far.

Good to hear that it is worth a watch. I will def catch at least ep 1 later.

I don't think I ever saw SBC in anything either. Not interested in his "comedy" stuff.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
87548094-0346-47E4-A851-BE6F31E41589.jpeg
Good Omens on Amazon Prime. Armageddon with a touch of Douglas Adams humour, good story and visuals. Nothing too deep and highly entertaining.

Last edited:

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to hear that it is worth a watch. I will def catch at least ep 1 later.

I don't think I ever saw SBC in anything either. Not interested in his "comedy" stuff.
Exactly. That is the same reason I never saw anything SBC before. Just the photos of him in "Borat" or the occasional late-night talk show appearance annoyed me. I thought he might not bw quite Adam Sandler-inane but why should I even get close? But, so far so good here in this. I didn't even realize he was in this until the credits. The other actors are very good, all fresh faces to me.

I will be interested to read your reaction, and also to see if the "odd and unnecessary cinematographic trick" also strikes you as odd and unnecessary.

Try to get through ep 3 or at least 2, ep 1 is just pure background.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Exactly. That is the same reason I never saw anything SBC before. Just the photos of him in "Borat" or the occasional late-night talk show appearance annoyed me. I thought he might not bw quite Adam Sandler-inane but why should I even get close? But, so far so good here in this. I didn't even realize he was in this until the credits. The other actors are very good, all fresh faces to me.

I will be interested to read your reaction, and also to see if the "odd and unnecessary cinematographic trick" also strikes you as odd and unnecessary.

Try to get through ep 3 or at least 2, ep 1 is just pure background.

When it popped up on my Netflix alert, the first thing I did when I saw his(SBC's) name was to see if it was a comedy. Once I saw it wasn't, I added it to my queue.

I will def try for 1-2 later.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This doesn't spoil anything:

Were you referring to he "writing in air" at times during the episodes? Yeah..totally unnecessary.

I got through 1-2.5. Really just 1. I need to rewatch 2-3 as I was focused on other things when viewing. I will try again later.

So far....ep 1 was good and what I remember about ep 2 was a good followup. SBC should focus on broadening his roles. He seems solid in this one. That Borat character is old news.

Last edited:

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mad Men. It's pretty okay. Starting off kinda slow though.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just came into my inbox today. I saw a few. Some highlights based on what I have seen:

The Americans < didn't finish the entire thing. Can't review
Bosch < a few seasons in. Solid.
Catastrophe < loved S1 of this
Fortitude < good at times. great scenery.
Law & Order < I mean...this IS tv.
The Missing < caught this a while back. remember it was worth the watch
Mr Robot < only caught 1/2 of season 1
Red Oaks < loved this. great soundtrack
Transparent < very good
The Twilight Zone < classic TV

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This doesn't spoil anything:

Were you referring to he "writing in air" at times during the episodes? Yeah..totally unnecessary.

I got through 1-2.5. Really just 1. I need to rewatch 2-3 as I was focused on other things when viewing. I will try again later.

So far....ep 1 was good and what I remember about ep 2 was a good followup. SBC should focus on broadening his roles. He seems solid in this one. That Borat character is old news.
No, although that too was indeed unnecessary.

I am referring to the (also not spoiler) split-screen deal when they butter their toast (the device also gets used later, with a different character and in a completely different context). We know they love each other; we're smart enough to know that when they butter toast, when apart, they are probably thinking of each other (because we saw them together earlier); so the split-screen thing felt completely gratuitous and pretty amateurish, imo.

I finished it last night and definitely recommend it. It gets very interesting, including a real-life "twist" I had completely forgotten about. Scary stuff sometimes, history.

Yes, SBC was certainly better than what I thought he would be. Moni Moshonov (the Mossad director) was excellent, very restrained. Noah Emmerich (Dan) was good too; the entire ensemble was generally very well balanced.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am referring to the (also not spoiler) split-screen deal when they butter their toast (the device also gets used later, with a different character and in a completely different context). We know they love each other; we're smart enough to know that when they butter toast, when apart, they are probably thinking of each other (because we saw them together earlier); so the split-screen thing felt completely gratuitous and pretty amateurish, imo.

I finished it last night and definitely recommend it. It gets very interesting, including a real-life "twist" I had completely forgotten about. Scary stuff sometimes, history.

Yes, SBC was certainly better than what I thought he would be. Moni Moshonov (the Mossad director) was excellent, very restrained. Noah Emmerich (Dan) was good too; the entire ensemble was generally very well balanced.

I finished ep 4 last night. Solid show. I will probably finish it up later tonight/tomorrow.

The split screen was unnecessary. Agree.

Noah Emmerich is always good. He never really has a lead role that I recall, but is a nice 2nd!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Apple TV+ streaming service: Price, release date and shows

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I will finish this later tonight.

I started ep 5 last night and had to watch it again. I will watch 5 & 6 later. Is it me of did it get very confusing?

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will finish this later tonight.

I started ep 5 last night and had to watch it again. I will watch 5 & 6 later. Is it me of did it get very confusing?
Confusing where?
If you're at 6 you're at the final episode.
It didn't feel that confusing to me, but I do think they may have crammed too much movement into 6 episodes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics