• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dislike most of Refn's stuff, but after reading that write-up and watching the trailer at the end, I actually want to see this.
I cannot stand Refn anymore.
He has become Pretentiousness Personified.

After drowsing through "My Life Directed By Nicholas Winding Refn" (he must be a genius because no normal person could ever survive such creative angst) with Ryan Gosling broodily, silently coo-cooing his baby (Refn's and his wife's, I mean, not Refn's and Gosling's, afaik) down to the patented Ryan Gosling brooding, silent coo-cooing look...no, never again.

From that review linked above:
"...episodes four and five screened at Cannes as if they were a single film. When questioned on why those two episodes were chosen, Refn explained that Too Old to Die Young could be watched in any order. Which is, in itself revolutionary, and speaks to the show’s unique sensibilities..."

"Revolutionary"? :puzzled:
These guys, Refn and the writer of that review, need to read Italo Calvino's "If on a Winter's Night a Traveler" (originally published June 2, 1979, for reference) or any number of Borges stories, etc., etc. for the whole circular/random order theme/thing.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
latest

Is there any doubt that this is the best spinoff in TV history?

This thing needs the limited run spinoff/reboot that is rumored to be in talks.

All of the main actors are still alive and actively working except for John Mahoney. Frasier's son is even still acting (was on Mad Men).

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This thing needs the limited run spinoff/reboot that is rumored to be in talks.

All of the main actors are still alive and actively working except for John Mahoney. Frasier's son is even still acting (was on Mad Men).

MOOSE AND ENZO ARE NOT STILL ALIVE!

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I could imagine them doing a reunion centered around Martin’s funeral, though that might be a little cliche.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could imagine them doing a reunion centered around Martin’s funeral, though that might be a little cliche.
But, excellent "flashback potential" of the whole secret life that no one knew about, and that Frasier now has to reconcile, which is: Martin was schtuppin' Coco Chanel for a while there. Make-up can work miracles.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Since the death of Al Bean I’ve been rewatching one of my favorite miniseries, From the Earth to the Moon. I only wish it were made a few years later so it could have been HD. (The effects are excellent for the time.) I’m holding out hope that they remaster it for the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11 next year.

WOOOOOOOO!!!!

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Years and Years on HBO. Very Black Mirror-esque. Just started but it interesting so far.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just started watching The Office over the weekend. Please don't ask how I held out for so long.

Reactions: otc

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just started watching Designated Survivor. I kinda dislike the show yet I'm on Season 2, Episode 5

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finished the first season of Dark ,definitely gets better once you start to figure out who's who. City on a Hill, a little early to tell but this show could be great.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Currently watching Halt And Catch Fire (just finished season two) and Chernobyl. Both are outstanding.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Expanse (it's my favorite now)

Also, finally broke down and watched Penny Dreadful as everyone said it would be right up my alley and all this crap. Meh. The Frankenstein storyline was great, the rest was garbage JMHO.

giphy.gif

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
M A City Hunts a Murderer, gripping and weird.

Current season of Bosch highly entertaining and interesting as i’ve read most of the books to see how they combined various storylines into the TV series.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads