• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm now at Season 2 Episode 4. I can't believe I never stumbled across this earlier
I actually mixed that up with that one horror series (where all the popular horror storries come alive, like Frankenstein's monster etc). Forgot its name. Not sure whetehr I've seen Peaky Blinders. I recall something in that theme. Maybe it was a movie.

Edit: the series I thought you were talking about is called Penny Dreadful. The names are... at least somewhat similar? :p

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get Shorty is actually really good. I'm at E07 now.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Binged Bojack Horseman. Took me a while to get into it. The tone of the show changes quite a bit in the 3rd and 4th seasons to the point where the bizarre humor (e.g. the whole clown dentist plot) seems out of place. Would be a lot better show if they wrote Aaron Paul's character out.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Binged Bojack Horseman. Took me a while to get into it. The tone of the show changes quite a bit in the 3rd and 4th seasons to the point where the bizarre humor (e.g. the whole clown dentist plot) seems out of place. Would be a lot better show if they wrote Aaron Paul's character out.
I really liked S04. But I'll have to revisit the whole series sometime soon.

BTW, really loved this piece of art, titled "Say When..." (by ArdentMind on DeviantArt):

fbidaazy9zpz.png

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finished Mindhunter a few nights back. Very, very good. I don't think a show has written a more irritating female character.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah the movie is great. I somehow forgot a lot of the details and re watched it not too long ago. Wasn't expecting to see many of the actors in the movie are also in the show.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I am like halfway through S2 of Broadchurch...and I desperately want to read about the accuracy of its courtroom scenes, but I am holding off to avoid spoilers.

I really hope that they are just playing really fast and loose with how it actually works. American shows have gotten a lot better about courtroom scenes (at least the high-brow shows that are equivalent to Broadchurch)...maybe British shows haven't bothered to do the same?

Otherwise I am just sorely confused and never want to be on trial for a crime in England.

I'm obviously not done yet...but wtf? Just a few things that have me thinking "wtf"
-excluding the confession from evidence after the Jury already knows about it. Would this not be done pre-trial? Would it not have involved a lot more back and forth and things like...collecting evidence from the other two police officers who were present and the doctor that treated Joe to determine that his injuries were sustained post-confession? And while juries regularly disregard certain comments made by witnesses or minor pieces of evidence...would they really continue to run a full trial in front of a jury that was just told the defendant confessed to the crime?
-forcing Miller to testify...as a prosecution witness. WTF happened there? If the defense is able to compel her to testify against the wishes of the prosecution...why would she not be called during their case?
-Surprise evidence. Do they not have to bring these things up in advance? Can they be in the middle of questioning Miller and be like "oh yeah, we claim to have this CCTV of you in the hotel that nobody has heard about before"? Ditto for surprise witnesses that the other side doesn't think will show up (they called the trailer park lady at the end of the last episode I watched, and it looks like everyone was surprised to see her).
-Can lawyers in England just introduce facts to the jury? Many times the defense lady has simply stated new facts. In the US, I don't think this would fly. You'd need to introduce evidence and have the witness identify and verify the content.

I assume they are just playing most of this stuff up for dramatic effect, but some of it really bothers me while watching. Having never seen another British courtroom drama...maybe I shouldn't be bothered because this is actually how people do ****?

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finished Mindhunter a few nights back. Very, very good. I don't think a show has written a more irritating female character.

Thanks for this. I watched episodes 1 and 2 the other night. Loved them. I didn't realize at first that these were based on actual cases and when I realized Edmund Kemper actually did those things....

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Started watching American Vandal

It is like Serial, if Serial were about a stupid crime and made by some dumb high school kid...and it is magical.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Started watching American Vandal

It is like Serial, if Serial were about a stupid crime and made by some dumb high school kid...and it is magical.

I find this show so funny. The casting is perfect all around, especially Dylan. I'd say anyone who enjoyed Trailer Park Boys should probably see this.

StanleyWingtip

Reaction score
Just finished Vice Principals (Loved it). also big on Curb. Netflix wise im on season 3 of American Horror. 2nd one was eh in my opinion but I'm into witchcraft and satanic **** so I'm digging this one so far.

Thrones has been my go to for years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads