• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have thoughts on Mayans? I think it's at least as good as Sons of Anarchy, which curiously some folks HATE. Not an all time show by any means, but very entertaining, albeit VERY gruesome...

brokencycle

Reaction score
Anybody have thoughts on Mayans? I think it's at least as good as Sons of Anarchy, which curiously some folks HATE. Not an all time show by any means, but very entertaining, albeit VERY gruesome...

Good to know: I've wondered about it. I enjoyed sons of anarchy except for the ending which I thought was too cliche and cheesy.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to know: I've wondered about it. I enjoyed sons of anarchy except for the ending which I thought was too cliche and cheesy.
Love the song, but otherwise agree. I’d give it a go. Absolute worst case (as mentioned, some LOATHE SOA for reasons I don’t understand) it’s a decent approximation with a Latin bent. And, not nearly the commitment of Sons, with season 5 (just started this past week) being the last.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got HBO Max a while back and started watching Succession from the beginning when this final season started getting a lot of press. I watched the first three seasons and part of the fourth before I finally gave up. The dialogue sucks, the characters are unappealing and there is only one plot point: who is taking over the company.

Succession is fun but has definitely gotten overly hyped this last year. I also did finally realize there was no character development last season and would have quit the show this season if it wasn't the last.

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
Absolute worst case (as mentioned, some LOATHE SOA for reasons I don’t understand) it’s a decent approximation with a Latin bent.

I've no interest in watching a show about low-life 1% felonious scumbags. Give me Sopranos, any day! (I've actually had the reaction to SOA explained to me that way.) I've never watched it as I really don't have any interest in biker gangs, although I can usually separate that stuff--see: Sopranos.

Well, Succession is over. (No Spoilers here.) I honestly can't think of a show that's had such a love/hate reaction from people. Friends I figured would love it can't stand it. Of course, they can't form a coherent argument against as they haven't seen enough of it to 'get' it. Personally, I think it's one of the five best things that's ever been on TV. And the other four are all the same ones you'd probably choose.

BTW: Every time the opening credits for Succession roll I'm reminded of the opening sequence from The Game, the Michael Douglas movie. The first time I saw it I thought, "Total ripoff!" I've never been accused of being the most original thinker on the planet, and apparently I wasn't the first to pick up on this (see comments on The Game trailer.)

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I did find this season a little...I dunno...droll? I think they could have told the story in 3 seasons and I would have been happy. Most recent one felt a little aimless (but maybe that was the symbolic point?).

That said, the music, set design, costuming, etc. was excellent. There was great acting.

They portrayed a lot of big-boy business exchanges in a passable-believable manner in a way that avoided dumbing them down, but also still made it so people without business knowledge weren't bored and could still absorb the plot enough to continue to enjoy the character study that was the show's main purpose.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did find this season a little...I dunno...droll? I think they could have told the story in 3 seasons and I would have been happy. Most recent one felt a little aimless (but maybe that was the symbolic point?).

That said, the music, set design, costuming, etc. was excellent. There was great acting.

They portrayed a lot of big-boy business exchanges in a passable-believable manner in a way that avoided dumbing them down, but also still made it so people without business knowledge weren't bored and could still absorb the plot enough to continue to enjoy the character study that was the show's main purpose.
Very well said. I enjoyed the show but found this season had several episodes that weren’t great. I hoped the ending would have been more fulfilling but still a very solid, entertaining series.

Loved The Game. I saw it in the theatre extremely high. I was so captivated by the story that when an actual fire alarm went off in the theater mid movie, I wasn’t 100% certain that it wasn’t part of the “game” and that the producers were f’ing with me.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ll only know him for his song he did with 50 Cent “Hate It or Love It” and wanting to hook up with Mya.

His entire first album(The Documentary) was very good/underrated. Westside Story and Higher are 2 tracks that many don't know and are solid!

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll only know him for his song he did with 50 Cent “Hate It or Love It” and wanting to hook up with Mya.

Coming up I was confused my momma kissing a girl is going to be stuck in my head the rest of the day. Thanks aaaaahole.

Last edited:

NickDy

Reaction score
I’m waiting for the new season of black mirror, I’m really curious!

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

His entire first album(The Documentary) was very good/underrated. Westside Story and Higher are 2 tracks that many don't know and are solid!
First two albums are gold. LAX has some awesome songs, but nowhere near on a level. Have no idea after that...

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Legend of Vox Machina is pretty damn good.

I loved it. And didn't think the D&D movie was nearly as funny, but then again, Vox is obviously more for mature audiences.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads