• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I see we've scrubbed SW from his CV, the, because boy howdy was TLJ a dumpster fire for none of the toxic reasons weirdo SW nerds would have you believe

Not at all. TLJ was the best Star Wars film since the original trilogy. I found it a highly enjoyable addition to the franchise.

If you want to include the Star Wars tv shows in the mix, I would be inclined to place Andor above it.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not at all. TLJ was the best Star Wars film since the original trilogy. I found it a highly enjoyable addition to the franchise.

If you want to include the Star Wars tv shows in the mix, I would be inclined to place Andor above it.
A truly awful spectacle that ran probably 70 minutes too long, all to convey the notion that the Force is for all of us, only to almost fully repudiate the idea (admittedly, can't fault RJ for this) in the very next flick.
Andor, though hardly anything close to great, was far better, as was Rogue One.
Though, in fairness, SW is largely a boring story (less than accidental almost incest) for children.
But, ya, TLJ? Bad bad bad.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A truly awful spectacle that ran probably 70 minutes too long, all to convey the notion that the Force is for all of us, only to almost fully repudiate the idea (admittedly, can't fault RJ for this) in the very next flick.
TLJ get's tainted by the following movies, not its fault

Andor, though hardly anything close to great

2021-garbage.gif

SW is largely a boring story .

giphy.gif

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see nerves have been touched.

Musta mistakenly stumbled into a Marvel convention :rotflmao:

Fwiw, I genuinely did like Rogue One, and not just weighing it against my baseline expectations SW flicks. Everything else (yes, including Andor) is a worthy time suck, but little more, for me.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Eh. I’m not going to argue the merits of TLJ here. Been there and done that in the Star Wars thread. So we will have to just agree to disagree.

If you really want to debate the movie, there's a different thread for that.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
really enjoying Fleishman is in Trouble

We finished this tonight. Very well done. Great performances all around. I read an article (New Yorker maybe?) that mentioned the casting decisions were made to intentionally use actors who were well known as teenagers so their mid-life crisis would have more impact on audiences who saw them grow up in the public spotlight.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just started 1923 (sequel to 1883 and prequel to Yellowstone) previously watched all of 1883, but have not watched any Yellowstone.

So far (one episode in) wife and I are liking it. It looks to be an interesting piece of historical fiction. I really enjoyed the wagon train aspect of 1883, and thought it was very well done. Will see where 1923 takes us.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Last of Us is FANTASTIC!! HBO brings the heat again.

It is SO good.

Episode three was surprising, and shocking in its beauty. Wow. Just wow

A beautiful love story in the middle of the apocalypse! (I'm not crying, you're crying)

Nick Offerman's lovely, silly little laugh when he was showed the strawberry patch.. pitch perfect.

Just give me one prefect day.... damn right in the feels

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is SO good.

Episode three was surprising, and shocking in its beauty. Wow. Just wow

A beautiful love story in the middle of the apocalypse! (I'm not crying, you're crying)

Nick Offerman's lovely, silly little laugh when he was showed the strawberry patch.. pitch perfect.

Just give me one prefect day.... damn right in the feels

My wife and I felt the same way. Practically crying. That last scene shot through the window with Linda Ronstadt song was so touching. Took me a while to notice that Frank was Murray Bartlett from season 1 of White Lotus. He did a great job in both!

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh, my wife and I are watching it together, and she went out of town, so I have to wait for Ep.3. Which sucks, because I keep seeing stuff that's like, "Oh. My. God. Episode 3 might be the greatest hour of TV ever made!"

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ugh, my wife and I are watching it together, and she went out of town, so I have to wait for Ep.3. Which sucks, because I keep seeing stuff that's like, "Oh. My. God. Episode 3 might be the greatest hour of TV ever made!"

Sorry man, I feel for you because I hate even seeing stuff like that when I'm watching stuff (I watched it last night so I caught a few headline glimpses as well).

But don't worry too much...its not like it is some epic cliffhanger season finale or something getting hyped up. Just a mid season bit of storytelling that was very well executed. Think of it like going to a movie because Siskel and Ebert gave it 2 big old thumbs up.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll survive, I just want to watch it now. I'm not good at deferred gratification. It doesn't help that everything is shut down for Texas Icemageddon, and there's nothing to do but stay inside and watch TV.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads