• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just downloaded S1 of The Expanse for my 16-hour flight from Cape Town to Atlanta. This thing better be good.

lefty

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm halfway through season 2 and its been solid.

Also the overdone "make everything blue because it is space" color grading seems to get toned down a lot after S1 (at least on the Amazon copy)--other colors exist.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Anyone watch Atlanta? It seems like the only place to legally stream it is Hulu.

Started Fleishman is in Trouble
First, Jesse Eisenberg lives in my building. I have chatted with him a few times but not since the show aired.
Second, I spoke to the costume designer about making him shirts.
I did not. I should have. He has an odd head forward posture so the shirts fall away from his neck in back. If the first button was buttoned (not the collar button) the shirt looked to close to his neck. If unbutton then he showed too much t-shirt.

I relate to being a single guy in your late 30s-40s in NYC. Single woman are "hungry". As long as you have a decent job and can complete a sentence then you are in demand. The wealthy upper east side types are a bit of a caricature. But not far off, as well as the annoying daughter.
The fact that he does not pressure her employee to find out what is going on seems wrong.
The blond is very hot!

This show looked good. I definitely am planning on binging it.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is anyone impressed with costume design of White Lotus. I know this costume designer. She told me she purchased almost everything in Italy. Some of the outfits just drip $$
The mens knit shirts are particularly sharp. Greg in the first episode had a yellow stripe knit shirt that is beautiful

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's not good, it's great...
I wish I could come in cold, and watch the whole series again.
I'm halfway through season 2 and its been solid.

Also the overdone "make everything blue because it is space" color grading seems to get toned down a lot after S1 (at least on the Amazon copy)--other colors exist.
I got bored in S1.. apparently it picks up, but couldn't really get into it.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm now in season 2, and I'm still finding I have to occasionally hit the back button and turn on subtitles.
Two countries, separated by a common language...
Your lucky its not in Liverpudlian.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9D070634-5184-4C75-932E-22ED5E8EF6EE.jpeg

INFINITI set in the wilds of Kazakhstan which in turn becomes a narrative player along with the International Space Station. What at first begins as a standard police procedural turns into a very entertaining albeit slow paced Sci Fi multiverse drama with an add a dash of cosmic conspiracy, Zoroastrianism and shamanism for good measure.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

In space, no one can hear you ***** about the colour grading.

lefty

• Haha
Reactions: otc

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone impressed with costume design of White Lotus. I know this costume designer. She told me she purchased almost everything in Italy. Some of the outfits just drip $$
The mens knit shirts are particularly sharp. Greg in the first episode had a yellow stripe knit shirt that is beautiful
I love it. the menswear in general is fantastic. I'm eagerly anticipating next week's finale. Can't wait.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What the ****? “*****” is blocked? How the **** can anyone communicate if everyday words like ***** are ******* blocked? Jesus ******* Christ!

lefty

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the ****? “*****” is blocked? How the **** can anyone communicate if everyday words like ***** are ******* blocked? Jesus ******* Christ!

lefty
StyFo is gently encouraging you to expand your linguistic range. Profanity is a crutch for the feeble-minded.

In other words- suck it up, bìtch.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
AAAABQuNr4conA4rD1j9JrDVeZYRR5YqTYpRHLkDbpuZnKlqn1I9qNEAHq7RsdCV6LKmW0zSKeIhiDeVelQTfbQ-UGPZoF2WQBGv52XkCvnEV2VjkvztZd5g1tGHVUFsFA.jpg

Binge watched this 4 part documentary yesterday.

The Cecil Hotel, in downtown Los Angeles, is a place with a grimy past...ie the Bates Motel. It is based in the "skid row" section of the city, but does offer inexpensive rooms for less than fortunate people and tourists who don't know how to read reviews.

Elisa Lam, a young 21 year old woman, wants to do some solo traveling. She checks into the Cecil and starts to explore the city.

One day, she just disappears! Her parents haven't heard from her. Hotel people? Nope. She has vanished!

The LAPD are called in. The try to retrace her steps, but they have not much to go on.

Then the "internet sleuths/conspiracy theorists" get a hold of the story...and off they go!

This was based on the true life case that includes interviews, videos, etc.

I vaguely remember when this happened and I wanted to get to the end to see what happened...as I didn't remember what the outcome was.

Could this have been done in 2 condensed eps? Yep.

3/5.

The "internet sleuths/conspiracy people" are ******* annoying! They think they KNOW what happened sitting in their basement on the internet hundreds/thousands of miles away...without having all the facts. Even when they do, they are hesitant to believe what truly happened!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads