• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not a series but posted as a warning. 9 Bullets. Possibly the worst movie I have ever watched. I stuck it out to see how bad it could get. Did not disappoint.:eek:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New season of Slow Horses on Apple. First season was quite good. Gary Oldman killing it as always. A nice blend of cold war Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and modern espionage.

Spinster Jones

Reaction score
Halfway through Wednesday. Not bad. As I feared, CZJ isn't a very good Morticia but everyone else is great.
It was cool to see her dance to The Cramps. But it's too much a kids' show.

Agree on the dancing. The show follows the same formula as Riverdale and Stranger Things, and ends up somewhere in the middle. It's a murder mystery, with a wannabe writer as a narrator/protagonist, placed in a high school-setting. The premise is cool, then it quickly dwindles into "who should I go to prom with?". Meh.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Warrior Nun was cool, but

did a really **** job of explaining the whole 'other world' etc etc. like 'aliens'! and we're supposed to just understand and hmm, yeah, that makes sense. Doesn't explain of what the crown is - does it also come from the world? Is it really 'God's'? If Reya is so powerful, how does it neutralize her? Is she just another person like Adriel, but more powerful?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Warrior Nun was cool, but

did a really **** job of explaining the whole 'other world' etc etc. like 'aliens'! and we're supposed to just understand and hmm, yeah, that makes sense. Doesn't explain of what the crown is - does it also come from the world? Is it really 'God's'? If Reya is so powerful, how does it neutralize her? Is she just another person like Adriel, but more powerful?
Well, they WANT a season 3. I hope they get a season 3, and the story keeps unfolding.
I thought it was based on a book? So I hope there's a roadmap there.
Also, Bea reminds me of the female lead from The Golden Child.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Started Fleishman is in Trouble
First, Jesse Eisenberg lives in my building. I have chatted with him a few times but not since the show aired.
Second, I spoke to the costume designer about making him shirts.
I did not. I should have. He has an odd head forward posture so the shirts fall away from his neck in back. If the first button was buttoned (not the collar button) the shirt looked to close to his neck. If unbutton then he showed too much t-shirt.

I relate to being a single guy in your late 30s-40s in NYC. Single woman are "hungry". As long as you have a decent job and can complete a sentence then you are in demand. The wealthy upper east side types are a bit of a caricature. But not far off, as well as the annoying daughter.
The fact that he does not pressure her employee to find out what is going on seems wrong.
The blond is very hot!

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, they WANT a season 3. I hope they get a season 3, and the story keeps unfolding.
Also, Bea reminds me of the female lead from The Golden Child.
It started out based on a comic, but the comic featured Areala, not Ava. Kind of like ‘inspired by’ a comic I guess

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm hoping there's a S3 to answer those questions. They definitely were setting it up for that to happen, but who knows what the Netflix decision magic 8 ball will decree.

As @venividivicibj said, it's based on a on a series of comics and graphic novels, but I read somewhere that it's not at all a faithful adaptation, so I don't know how much the source material guides the show, if at all, at this point.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, let's hope this woman is correct.
She sounds very optimistic.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watched Wednesday with the family. There are so few shows that I can watch these days with two kids and no time to myself so I am happy when there is a decent family friendly show.

Overall, it was fun. Loved gothy ass Wednesday. Plot was fine. Lagged a it but I was able to stay awake, a task in and of itself for most shows that the whole family will watch.

Think Warrior Nun would be Ok for a pre- tween? Farily liberal in what I allow my kids to watch

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think Warrior Nun would be Ok for a pre- tween? Farily liberal in what I allow my kids to watch
There are F-bombs, I would say the violence is medium, and two women kiss.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it would be OK, especially the first season. The violence becomes a bit more cartoonishly graphic in the second season, but there's not a ton of profanity and minimal, nearly non- existent, sexy time.

My 11 year old anime loving daughter wasn't interested in it, because it looked boring.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank Christ, I was getting low on shows.
Slow Horses is back.
Just picked up Apple TV and four episodes into Slow Horses…impressive 👏🏼

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up Apple TV and four episodes into Slow Horses…impressive 👏🏼
I'm now in season 2, and I'm still finding I have to occasionally hit the back button and turn on subtitles.
Two countries, separated by a common language...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads