• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yellowstone was completely unwatchable. Just awful television.

The new LOTR is great, although a bit campy at times when it doesn't need to be.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something about Rings just seems…cheap? Have only seen a few scenes and no real interest to watch more (never particularly enjoyed LOTR on the whole), but didn’t remotely convey its price tag from what I saw.

HotD is fine. They were (somewhat) handcuffed by the various time jumps, but they managed to really flub a few of them, even by my low standards. Looks stunning. Acting is adequate. Have a sinking feeling they’re going to lean way too heavily into CGI at the expense of character/story building as it progresses. TBD

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm watching both shows and have some basic criticisms of both but if you didn't enjoy last nights LoTR 🤷‍♂️

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm watching, and for the most part enjoying both...
I'm giving the edge to LOTR.
I'm just a bit more interested in exploring that world and how Mordor was birthed, etc.
Westeros is just a little been there done that.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I watched the first episode of AMC's Interview With the Vampire...
I get the casting check box every remake does now, but they entirely changed Louis' story from being a young guy that ran his family's plantation, to being a New Orleans pimp?

Vampires up, hos down I guess.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just started watching Blackbird when I realized I made shirts for all of the detectives including Greg Kinneer it is ok...
When I worked on it, they called the show "Hans bubby". As in the line from diehard. No idea why

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just started watching Blackbird when I realized I made shirts for all of the detectives including Greg Kinneer it is ok...
When I worked on it, they called the show "Hans bubby". As in the line from diehard. No idea why
Trivia…I had the Goose from Mad Max 1 try to walk off set with my shirt while filming an educational video for the government years ago…🤬

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Latest episode of HotD was excellent. I’m really enjoying the show so far. If I had one big criticism it’s that the show is moving too fast. All the time jumps make it feel like you might be missing key narrative.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Latest episode of HotD was excellent. I’m really enjoying the show so far. If I had one big criticism it’s that the show is moving too fast. All the time jumps make it feel like you might be missing key narrative.
I don't mind the time jumps as long as there wasn't anything interesting happening between the time jumps. If there was a major plot event that happened and now things need to be explained, then yeah the time jump sucks.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but I see a pattern where the first 20-30 mins are devoted to a bunch of dialogue that catches us up on what happened during the jump then using that new paradigm for action thats a set up for the next time jump.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You definitely are missing useful narrative. Nothing that causes the show to break, but it absolutely diminishes the product.
Agree about this past episode. Excellently tense, and evoked thoughts of Thrones' first season. Good stuff, all around

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I REALLY liked ep 7 and love it overall. No problems here with the time jumps. I appreciate it considering the way GoT meandered.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics