• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of competency p0rn, we just binged The Terminal List. The Guardians of the Galaxy dude teams up with Tim Riggins to dismantle an evil conspiracy.

It’s pretty solid if you can just push past the first ten or fifteen minutes, where the acting and dialogue are so bad, they feel like an SNL short. After that: smooth sailing.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of competency p0rn, we just binged The Terminal List. The Guardians of the Galaxy dude teams up with Tim Riggins to dismantle an evil conspiracy.

It’s pretty solid if you can just push past the first ten or fifteen minutes, where the acting and dialogue are so bad, they feel like an SNL short. After that: smooth sailing.
Good to know. I kept falling asleep through ep 1. I’ll give it another go.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Old Man is cool, Jeff Bridges plays a "retired"/awol CIA-agent who is now being hunted.

Dark Winds is also cool, True Detective s1-esque detective show with reservation/navajo culture as the setting.

Only Murders in the Building s2 just started and seems promising, def worth continuing for anyone who was a fan of the first season.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Living in Santa Fe, New Mexico I want to check out Dark Winds. It was filmed in this area so I enjoy spotting scenery that I recognize as well as any story connected to the Southwest tribes.

p22025386_b_h8_aa.jpg

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Living in Santa Fe, New Mexico I want to check out Dark Winds. It was filmed in this area so I enjoy spotting scenery that I recognize as well as any story connected to the Southwest tribes.

View attachment 1808888
From a conversation about this show on FB:

"Does it feature a moody detective with a dark past, and a naked female ****/murder/rapeandmurder victim on every episode? Count me in!"

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finished the final for Stranger Things S4 last night. Such a phenomenal show. One of the few tv shows I can think of that has consistently improved each season. Well done.

Really enjoying season 4. Only had a chance to watch the first episode of “Volume 2”. Hope to find time this weekend for the 2.5 hour finale….. The cast is so good, every one of those young’s actors holds their own

The Old Man is cool, Jeff Bridges plays a "retired"/awol CIA-agent who is now being hunted.

Dark Winds is also cool, True Detective s1-esque detective show with reservation/navajo culture as the setting.

Only Murders in the Building s2 just started and seems promising, def worth continuing for anyone who was a fan of the first season.

Only Murders in the Building is on the list. Really enjoyed season 1.

Thanks for the tip in The Old Man

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
The Old Man is pretty good. I think they (creators) might be just a little bit too clever for their own good though. We'll see how it holds up over the course of the season.

Terminal List. I thought it started out okay but anything good leaked out by episode 4. It devolves into a Murder She Wrote/Matlock POS. Sorry. FWIW, the ref to Hooten-Young whiskey in episode one: That's the booze Norman Hooten is doing and it's supposed to be very good. (I'm not a bourbon guy.) Norm was the operator who inspired Hoot in Blackhawk Down--Eric Bana's character. There are some really cool specops references in the show, but they're not enough to prop it up.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Terminal List.
I finished it over the weekend. Not bad and even had some high points but overall entertaining. It was about 2 hours too long IMO.

There are some really cool specops references in the show, but they're not enough to prop it up.
There was some cool gear and it Pratt had believably competent gun handling and movement skills, from a layperson's POV at least.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did a trial of Brit Box for "The Responder". Really liked it, I may pony up for it as it looks to have a ton of good content. I love the British detective, crime shows.

We started The Responder last night. Martin Freeman is very good in that.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not a huge fan of the last season of Stranger Things

Everything was so drawn out, seemed painfully slow at times - and despite previous statements that this was the last season, the show didn't even end!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Everything was so drawn out, seemed painfully slow at times - and despite previous statements that this was the last season, the show didn't even end!

I thought it was better than the previous season.

And there is going to be one more season to wrap it up.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought it was better than the previous season.

And there is going to be one more season to wrap it up.

SIKE!

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wont argue about your thoughts on the season.

I think they (producers and Netflix) were pretty clear the season 5 was 1) coming and 2) that IT, (not season 4) is the end....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads