• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
I’m halfway through Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix - I wish they were both on the same service so they could have crossovers like in the books.

There has to be an interesting story about why Bosch is on AMZ and LL is on Netflix, with Connelly deeply involved in both...

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
It's very good. Killing me waiting a week between episodes. I should have waited but it's compelling especially given that it's a true story.

Re: We Own This City. Yeah, really wish I'd have waited as well. Took me at least a full episode to understand the flashback device of the watch sheet (or whatever it's called) --and they don't even always do that. So much goes on in such a disjointed manner it's hard to keep straight. Weekly episodes makes it even harder. But, good show.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Re: We Own This City. Yeah, really wish I'd have waited as well. Took me at least a full episode to understand the flashback device of the watch sheet (or whatever it's called) --and they don't even always do that. So much goes on in such a disjointed manner it's hard to keep straight. Weekly episodes makes it even harder. But, good show.
Yeah the plot is muddy as hell. Sometimes in a good way. Oftentimes not.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I admire waiting a week. Keeps the show from being digested and forgotten in a weekend - especially given the subject matter. Once thing I'll say about the show is it can get a bit preachy which I recall from Season 5 of The Wire. I prefer when a show/movie lets natural seeming dialogue/events direct the viewer - probably wishful thinking since this is a miniseries so has limited time.

Reactions: otc

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I admire waiting a week. Keeps the show from being digested and forgotten in a weekend - especially given the subject matter. Once thing I'll say about the show is it can get a bit preachy which I recall from Season 5 of The Wire. I prefer when a show/movie lets natural seeming dialogue/events direct the viewer - probably wishful thinking since this is a miniseries so has limited time.
Every time I see the title, the worst song ever made ever, by Jefferson Starship pops into my head and it's awful...

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Season 5 of the Wire wasn't about being preachy it was about David Simon score settling with his old employer.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's funny---for the first time in a while, almost everything I am watching is on episodic release.

Better Call Saul
Survivor
The Flight Attendant
Bosch
We Own This City
(although the first two are over this week)

I feel like I'm also forgetting something--maybe something else that recently ended (like Severance)?

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's funny---for the first time in a while, almost everything I am watching is on episodic release.

Better Call Saul
Survivor
The Flight Attendant
Bosch
We Own This City

I feel like I'm also forgetting something--maybe something else that recently ended (like Severance)?

Better Call Saul is just on a short mid season break, not over quite yet. Second half of the final season starts in July and runs through August.

How is this season of the flight attendant? Enjoyed season 1, have not started season 2 yet.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every time I see the title, the worst song ever made ever, by Jefferson Starship pops into my head and it's awful...
Yikes. My condolences. That song is a crime against humanity.

(And now I'm doing it, you ******* asshole...)

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score

Better Call Saul
Survivor
The Flight Attendant
Bosch
We Own This City

Slow Horses dropped weekly. Interestingly (maybe not) I think of 'episodic' as self-contained stories per episode, like Law and Order, as opposed to something like BCS or Bosch or Ozark where each season is essentially a 10 or 12 episode story arc, no matter if they drop weekly or all at once.

That said, it almost seems like the worm is turning back to weekly releases. Bosch Legacy (two at a time) was a little strange, really. Also, Bosch and BSC are the only two shows I've seen in quite a while with commercials.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The mid season finale of Better Call Saul, holy sh1t!

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Commercials? What are those?

🏴‍☠️

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Commercials? What are those?

🏴‍☠️
Media archeologists describe them as persuasive devices aimed to engage desire and part you with your money which in return gave you something you never really needed….used to very popular in the 20th Century.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Strange New Worlds is the best Star Trek related property in forever. Excellent stuff. Highly recommend to anyone who enjoys Sci Fi or may have given up on the franchise over the years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads