• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Bosch, I had no idea Netflix was doing a Lincoln Lawyer series
Started watching LL a couple of nights ago. Not having read the books it’s something new…so far so good.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of Bosch, I had no idea Netflix was doing a Lincoln Lawyer series

I kept seeing it(LL) under the "new" recs and had seen the movie and just thought that was "new" to Netflix. I clicked into it just last night and saw that the cast was different and that it was a series. Started ep 1 last night.

So far...so good.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kept seeing it(LL) under the "new" recs and had seen the movie and just thought that was "new" to Netflix. I clicked into it just last night and saw that the cast was different and that it was a series. Started ep 1 last night.

So far...so good.
I’m giving it a shot., but the entire premise is absurd that someone transfers their entire practice to another attorney.

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
I binged Lincoln Lawyer over 4 evenings and am now caught up on the new Bosch series.

I've got to say that the consistency of Bosch season to season has been really solid. And if you've read the books and paid attention, the flashback scene in Bosch Legacy episode 7 or 8 (with the red Jeep) is great. The little kid is... (won't spoil* it and I'm not sure they're going to reveal it this season or ever--but it's pretty cool.)

*not really a spoiler because if you haven't read the books you wouldn't know.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I binged Lincoln Lawyer over 4 evenings and am now caught up on the new Bosch series.

I've got to say that the consistency of Bosch season to season has been really solid. And if you've read the books and paid attention, the flashback scene in Bosch Legacy episode 7 or 8 (with the red Jeep) is great. The little kid is... (won't spoil* it and I'm not sure they're going to reveal it this season or ever--but it's pretty cool.)

*not really a spoiler because if you haven't read the books you wouldn't know.
I’m halfway through Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix - I wish they were both on the same service so they could have crossovers like in the books.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, I finished Halo. Overall, I liked it. As mentioned previously, the human rebellion side story was terrible. Hopefully, they're going to just pretend that never happened when making season 2. Aside from that, I thought the show worked reasonably well. I'm probably in the minority on this, but I liked the intrigue of the UNSC and the development of the Spartans as more well rounded humans. The parts where the show really seemed to fail, in my opinion, were the combat scenes with the aliens, where it leaned into its video game roots hard.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watched all 3 available episodes of We Own this City. Engrossing show about a fascinating story about a Baltimore Police Unit that robbed drug dealers and planted evidence. I recall reading an article about this a few years ago while at the gym.
The book is good.

This season of Atlanta is so weird and sad and fcked up. I love it.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Night Sky on Amazon it got a decent review in the weekend arts pages.
Complex Sci Fi with a core relationship between the J K Simmons and Sissy Spacek who stumbled across something years ago. Intriguing and to quote the review.. “I need to see where this all goes”

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Night Sky on Amazon it got a decent review in the weekend arts pages.
Complex Sci Fi with a core relationship between the J K Simmons and Sissy Spacek who stumbled across something years ago. Intriguing and to quote the review.. “I need to see where this all goes”
I've been watching too...
It's just sooooo slow. I like the premise, and I'm trying to stick with it.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finally got around to watching Gun Smith Cats heh. Pretty fun actually. I enjoyed the car chase scene.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time Travelers Wife 2 eps. Mmmm ok? Is this going to go somewhere?

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lincoln Lawyer was very enjoyable. Unlike a lot of colleagues/friends, I don’t get hung up on legal accuracy in shows because (1) trials are ******* boring, (2) no one, including lawyers, wants to deal with the minutia. There’s definitely some kernels of truth and accuracy to the gamesmanship involved, which I liked. Hopefully there’s a season 2.

I just started The Great on Hulu and really like it. Definitely recommend it.

On HBOMax, I’m waiting for The Flight Attendant, Made for Love, We Own This City, and Hacks to be fully available before watching them.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been watching too...
It's just sooooo slow. I like the premise, and I'm trying to stick with it.
The pace is picking up by episode 3

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads