• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I need to check it out. Never heard of it until now.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn’t put it into “must watch” territory, but it’s a half hour show, and I’m always looking for decent half hour shows.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of which- I'm watching We Are Lady Parts. Only 6 half hour episodes; first is a little shaky, like a lot of first episodes are, but it settled in nicely after that.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to check it out. Never heard of it until now.
It’s a dark comedy. When it’s good it’s really good, when it’s bad, it’s pretty ******. The main character is extremely unlikable, but that’s more a credit to the writing and actor. The series finale is somewhat of a letdown in the last scene, but not a huge deal.

It’s very binge-able and the insanity of Season 5 cannot be put into words.

Another good show, so far, is Peacemaker. Only 3 episodes are out and it’ll be polarizing. If you like James Gunn and liked John Cena in Suicide Squad it’s great.

The intro is probably a good barometer if you’ll like it. It’s this level of ridiculous the whole show

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s a dark comedy. When it’s good it’s really good, when it’s bad, it’s pretty ******. The main character is extremely unlikable, but that’s more a credit to the writing and actor. The series finale is somewhat of a letdown in the last scene, but not a huge deal.

It’s very binge-able and the insanity of Season 5 cannot be put into words.

Another good show, so far, is Peacemaker. Only 3 episodes are out and it’ll be polarizing. If you like James Gunn and liked John Cena in Suicide Squad it’s great.

The intro is probably a good barometer if you’ll like it. It’s this level of ridiculous the whole show

I enjoyed episode 1 of Peacemaker, I haven't watched any more than that.... but likely will.

Just started the other night and am thoroughly enjoying it:

Pokes fun at the true crime TV/podcast craze (Serial etc) ...

A little funny, a little dark. Good performances.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I enjoyed The Expanse final season and finale. Also enjoyed Mandalorian more than I thought I would. I think Mando is the first time I've actually cared about the Star Wars universe outside of a videogame.

I can only assume Expanse is going to be continued at some point somewhere, somehow after the Laconia Romans/Goths setup.

Looking forward to the upcoming videogame based on Camina Drummer too.

edit: Agree with above about Marco. I think he peaked at Season 5.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed episode 1 of Peacemaker, I haven't watched any more than that.... but likely will.

Stick with Only Murders in the Building, there’s a mid-season dip, but it ends strong.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

American Vandal (netflix) is also a hilarious poke at the true crime podcast craze if you haven't seen it yet.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Girl From Oslo on Netflix Norwegian & Israeli coproduction..hostage exchange using the girl, with a couple of interesting twists and turns however feel that a couple of character moves have been telegraphed too early..so far ok.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Girl From Oslo on Netflix Norwegian & Israeli coproduction..hostage exchange using the girl, with a couple of interesting twists and turns however feel that a couple of character moves have been telegraphed too early..so far ok.

That has been in my queue. I need to give it a chance one day.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stick with Only Murders in the Building, there’s a mid-season dip, but it ends strong.

I don't have any problem with the meandering middle section either. The series is about the characters far more than the investigation anyway. I've never really liked Steve Martin or Martin Short (or cared about Selena Gomez) before, but all three leads, as well as the supporting case of eccentrics and weirdoes, are excellent. And Sting is hilarious. I did not think they'd really have him in the show when he was first mentioned...

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
I really wanted to love Only Murders in the Building. I kept thinking 'all that talent and this is what they came up with?' Such a great concept, though. Agree the Sting parts were a lot of fun.

Started Catch 22 which is on Hulu last night. Only watched one episode, but was pretty damn impressed. Great cinematography and effects, too.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really wanted to love Only Murders in the Building. I kept thinking 'all that talent and this is what they came up with?' Such a great concept, though. Agree the Sting parts were a lot of fun.

Started Catch 22 which is on Hulu last night. Only watched one episode, but was pretty damn impressed. Great cinematography and effects, too.
I enjoyed Catch 22, worth watching.

I tried episode one of Only Murders but it didn't grab me right away. May need to revisit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads