• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Midnight Mass is a very rare and complex piece of work. I can't think of the last time I've seen a compelling conversation between two people run on for three/four/five minutes on screen. If you want bullshit scares go watch Saw or something like that. It was a mistake to promote it as a horror series.

The monologue at the end of what happens when you die is worth the price of admission alone.

lefty

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's not perfect, but there's a great tone to it and moments of genius.

I've moved on the Ted Lasso which is making me smile in all kinds of ways.

lefty

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ah, man. I enjoyed Midnight Mass. I guess time passes differently since the ‘rona hit. At seven episodes, it felt well-paced to me. I knew nothing about it going in, and loved how the story took shape.

During the finale, my wife was literally screaming at the TV: No, no, nooooo!!!!!!!

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm like 4 episodes into For All Mankind, and it seems really overwritten (or badly acted). Like (giving the actors the benefit of the doubt) it's trying to be very writerly and Sorkinesque without having the talent of Sorkin.

It's an underrated talent to write dialogue that is very obviously not realistic, but is also compelling.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Squid Game’ Has Made Tracksuits Hot

Last two episodes to watch…not sure what I think of it to be honest. Not a genre I find personally entertaining, watched initially to see what all the noise was about.…so far feel it leaves more questions than answers.

Watched first season of Evil Harry Potter meets the X Files. Is it worth signing to another streaming provider for the second season?

Last edited:

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Squid Game’ Has Made Tracksuits Hot

Last two episodes to watch…not sure what I think of it to be honest. Not a genre I find personally entertaining, watched initially to see what all the noise was about.…so far feel it leaves more questions than answers.

Watched first season of Evil Harry Potter meets the X Files. Is it worth signing to another streaming provider for the second season?
Season 2 of evil is significantly better IMO. It was darker and exclusive to streaming, so they can put more in and not be sanitized for network TV.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
f25c0aa6cd41a12015b804d2079b3dc2577502876b832b94731c0baf835f1cda_1.jpg

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Caught up on some Netflix at a friend's house since recently ending my subscription.

Squid Game - I saw one episode and found it entertaining but ultimately predict it will be another forgettable (to me) streamer. I could see myself watching a whole season then ditching the series.

The Closer - Funny but certainly not great. Don't get all the hype around Dave Chappelle lately as I feel his best was still around Chappelle Show.

Bad Sports - Interesting docuseries on the intersection between sports and crime. Just saw one episode (the first) and would have enjoyed seeing the whole series.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Only Murders in the Building...lots of fun but a little goes a long way. This is one that I'm appreciating watching as it comes out.

The Indian Doctor. Sweet period piece set in Wales in the early 60s. A few of the characters border on cartoonish but it's a cozy little world. Recommended for fans of All Creatures Great and Small, which it's plainly modeled after.

What If...ok this I watched a couple of them, out of sequence, and got a bit bored, then a friend convinced me to watch it through in order and by the end I was pretty blown away. A worthy addition to the MCU that queues up some of the Phase 4 action.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Closer - Funny but certainly not great. Don't get all the hype around Dave Chappelle lately as I feel his best was still around Chappelle Show.

Bad Sports - Interesting docuseries on the intersection between sports and crime. Just saw one episode (the first) and would have enjoyed seeing the whole series.

Agree on both reviews.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only Murders in the Building...lots of fun but a little goes a long way. This is one that I'm appreciating watching as it comes out.

Depending on outcome, may need to rewatch to understand whole thing. I forget what happens on a week to week basis and somewhat follow it.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Squid Game - I saw one episode and found it entertaining but ultimately predict it will be another forgettable (to me) streamer. I could see myself watching a whole season then ditching the series.

Is it supposed to be a series or is it a one-off? Haven't finished so no spoilers (and/or there might be an obvious answer based on the end...if the last episode ends on a huge cliffhanger this comment will look kinda dumb). edit: I take it back, don't answer, I don't want to know...let me be surprised.

I will say that episode 2 goes in a different direction that leads it to be a more compelling show than I expected.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will say that episode 2 goes in a different direction that leads it to be a more compelling show than I expected.
I was hoping for some tentacle pooorn, oh well...

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads