• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm only three episodes in, but Resident Alien is fantastic.

Why did none of you jerks recommend it? What's the purpose of this thread if I have to find all the good stuff on my own?

giphy.gif

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, but aside from those times, did any of you ever say, "Hey! 609! Buddy! You should watch Resident Alien, it's great and you'll love it!"

No?

I rest my case.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just taking a selfie

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, but aside from those times, did any of you ever say, "Hey! 609! Buddy! You should watch Resident Alien, it's great and you'll love it!"

No?

I rest my case.

I accept your argument.

recent viewing has been Dr Death on Peacock. I am enjoying it, but might have a hard time seeing medical professionals in that same way going forward. Alec Baldwin and Christian Slater are great.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No?

I rest my case.

I believe I sent you a PM about it once.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm talking about; just a little something to show you care.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Resident Alien is great. I think my wife would enjoy it but she can't get past the title, as a one time Green Card holder.

Just got caught up on seasons 4 & 5 of The Expanse. Good stuff, especially Amos' arc, but I was really annoyed that they started using sound effects for the space battles. They are much more dramatic in silence intercut with loud scenes inside the ships.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Resident Alien is great. I think my wife would enjoy it but she can't get past the title, as a one time Green Card holder.

Just got caught up on seasons 4 & 5 of The Expanse. Good stuff, especially Amos' arc, but I was really annoyed that they started using sound effects for the space battles. They are much more dramatic in silence intercut with loud scenes inside the ships.

The only sound you hear in a vacuum of space are special effects.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the show runners really wanted to make the space scenes silent for accuracy, but test audiences didn't think it was as dramatic. Humans expect thing to make sounds and we don't respond well to silence.

One of the great things about the show Firefly was that it did use silence very intentionally for space and imo, it worked really well.

(Also, it had Alan Tudyk. So double awesome)

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the show runners really wanted to make the space scenes silent for accuracy, but test audiences didn't think it was as dramatic. Humans expect thing to make sounds and we don't respond well to silence.

One of the great things about the show Firefly was that it did use silence very intentionally for space and imo, it worked really well.

(Also, it had Alan Tudyk. So double awesome)
The rail gun scenes are the bestest...

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
The rail gun scenes are the bestest...
There's a really great scene in season 2(?) when we first see the guns in action...the slugs passing through the ships were amazing. One of the best space battles ever.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Watching Harrow, shot in Oz. It's basically a modern reboot of Quincy, M.E., right down to the Asian sidekick.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads