• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really enjoying this into third season so far. French CIA battles the war on terror in Syria,Iran and Paris. Lots of plot and sympathetic characters and the French women, mon dieu
Unknown.jpeg

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finished Shadow and Bone--good stuff, and thought they did very well with their budget.

Really hope netflix goes ahead and orders season 2, although it won't be coming anytime soon.
Almost positive the prep work for a second season is already underway. I've read a couple of interviews where the people involved are discussing how things will happen in the next season.

I also read somewhere that Netflix is interested in making a four season run out of it, similar to the commitment they made on Stranger Things, though I don't think S&B is as massive a hit as that was/is.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man, I don’t know why they did to the volume on Without Remorse, but I can’t hear half of the dialogue and the background noise is blowing out my speakers

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FYI, for those of you who like Shadow and Bone, check out A Discovery of Witches

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holy crap, this story of how Shadow and Bone basically turned out how it did because of a tweet and a new year's resolution:

Also explains exactly why the heist-crew ended up in the story--it wasn't a strategic decision at all, those were simply Heisserer's favorites and he wasn't going to run a show in the universe without them.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Let's see what you think after you have watched it all.

I thought it was very disappointing in the end, essentially 1.25 at most episodes plus 2.75 episodes of fluff 'n' fold = 4.00 episodes.

What with all the constantly repeated cheap-production scenes I felt like I was undergoing déjà vu of déjà vu of déjà vu. :dozingoff:

I have been many times to the museum itself; even without those paintings it is truly amazing, an American jewel.
By the 4th ep I got a little sick of some of the over production but if this were consumed like normal TV, as in, over four weeks it probably would have been fine.

I thought centering it so much on the Italian mafia and basically waving off an Irish connection was a bit too... on the nose(?) about the directors beliefs.

Overall it was pretty good. The heavy mafia focus, even if that is likely who did it, kind of made the whole bizarre nature of the case less bizarre. Like, we never get back to the original guards and some of the weird **** happening there? Definitely a bit sad when you consider the likely fate of the works.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holy crap, this story of how Shadow and Bone basically turned out how it did because of a tweet and a new year's resolution:

Also explains exactly why the heist-crew ended up in the story--it wasn't a strategic decision at all, those were simply Heisserer's favorites and he wasn't going to run a show in the universe without them.
Don’t know if it’s just me, but the second half of Shadow & Bone was not as good as the first.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
By the 4th ep I got a little sick of some of the over production but if this were consumed like normal TV, as in, over four weeks it probably would have been fine.

I thought centering it so much on the Italian mafia and basically waving off an Irish connection was a bit too... on the nose(?) about the directors beliefs.

Overall it was pretty good. The heavy mafia focus, even if that is likely who did it, kind of made the whole bizarre nature of the case less bizarre. Like, we never get back to the original guards and some of the weird **** happening there? Definitely a bit sad when you consider the likely fate of the works.

Yeah, the whole thing kind of failed to live up to the promise of the first episode...and how many times can you play the game of teasing a potential lead only to smack it down ("oh, but he was actually in jail at the time" "oh, sure it was old paint, but the color didn't match")

But I suppose what do you expect when they simply don't actually know what happened?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
90s era Outer Limits

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The more I think about it, the less I liked it. It was flat from the start, and just got progressively worse. The only characters I didn't find either annoying, super repetitive, and/or not compelling at all were the paintings themselves, and the thing barely spent any time on them.

So many of the people involved were in the end more grating/vapid than actually truly interesting imo, for all the screen time they had, especially this guy:

tiar_01.jpg

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started DES a British docudrama about a mass murderer in 1983 London. A lot of familiar British cast actors, David Tennent is the totally insane killer. Looks real good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads