• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dunno man. The scene where Johnny Depp and Rob Morrow accidentally shaved the reverse mohawk into that guy's head while posing as barbers after they snuck into his hotel room so they could **** his trophy wife was pretty epic. IMO 80's best beaches, boobs and beer movie ever.

This is possibly the correct take, though there are so many. Consider, for instance, this sampling of the hots: Hot Moves, Hot Resort, Hot Chili:

1614491783873.jpeg

1614491857885.jpeg

1614491928086.jpeg

...though Malibu Bikini Shop had the most indelible two-way mirror scene...

1614492233656.jpeg

...and we can’t discount the low budget charm of Beach Balls:

1614492381704.jpeg

Jeff Garlin reports he was in the original Spring Break, and once you conquer the beach of Private Resort, there is still the ocean of Hardbodies...

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hulu is really stealing me away from Netflix lately. I can't decide what series I want to relive from my youth. There's Cheers, Full House, Family Matters. However I think I'm gonna be watching this instead. Can't beat that soundtrack that's for sure.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hulu is really stealing me away from Netflix lately. I can't decide what series I want to relive from my youth. There's Cheers, Full House, Family Matters. However I think I'm gonna be watching this instead. Can't beat that soundtrack that's for sure.

I quit Nflix a long time ago. I liked the older shows and movies they had before they started doing their own originals. Now it seems like Prime is the best place for that. I got drunk and watched Beastmaster last night!

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is possibly the correct take, though there are so many. Consider, for instance, this sampling of the hots: Hot Moves, Hot Resort, Hot Chili:

View attachment 1564196

View attachment 1564197

View attachment 1564198

...though Malibu Bikini Shop had the most indelible two-way mirror scene...

View attachment 1564199

...and we can’t discount the low budget charm of Beach Balls:

View attachment 1564200

Jeff Garlin reports he was in the original Spring Break, and once you conquer the beach of Private Resort, there is still the ocean of Hardbodies...

I fondly remember the early 80's poring through the printed HBO listings looking for R rated movies with the "N" for nudity.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I fondly remember the early 80's poring through the printed HBO listings looking for R rated movies with the "N" for nudity.

Same, that's how I first discovered Hardware and PIL.

Also, not so fondly remember staying up until 3 am as a kid waiting for the Benny Hill show only to realize in the middle of the night that I misread the TV Guide and stayed up for Benny Hinn.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Same, that's how I first discovered Hardware and PIL.

Also, not so fondly remember staying up until 3 am as a kid waiting for the Benny Hill show only to realize in the middle of the night that I misread the TV Guide and stayed up for Benny Hinn.
Wow PIL, haven’t thought of that brilliant bit of freakazoid cinema in a long time.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow PIL, haven’t thought of that brilliant bit of freakazoid cinema in a long time.

Never liked Sex Pistols, but PIL, pretty damn good.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Ah you meant the band, not the movie. Maybe I don’t have the name right - parents die in a crash, kids stay in the house pretending / believing an anatomy model is alive?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ah you meant the band, not the movie. Maybe I don’t have the name right - parents die in a crash, kids stay in the house pretending / believing an anatomy model is alive?

Nah, Hardware was a post apocalyptic sci fi motive about a killer robot and Order of Death by Public Image Limited was in the soundtrack.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I saw PIL at the Orpheum Theater in Boston in 1986. I was 16 and it was probably my first trip into the city without adult supervision. I got ripped off twice. First by a guy selling weed/oregano on the Boston Common and then tried to make my $20 back by playing 3 card monte. I lost another $20 to that guy. Kids from the suburbs really need adult supervision.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The Cable Connection!

:rotflmao: Holy ****! That happened to me as well. At a sleepover, I think. Soul crushing.

In third or fourth grade, there was also a rumor this show called The Cimarron Strip, airing at 3 am, was an adults only affair centered around the bewbz. We stayed up three weeks in a row trying to stay awake. Finally, we made it, and were greeted by....

1614800192053.jpeg

...this.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man, the Hill's Angels....forget the Hee Haw Chicks, HA were where it was at. Especially the shark-toothed brunette *swoon*

edit: Louise English

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, the Hill's Angels....forget the Hee Haw Chicks, HA were where it was at. Especially the shark-toothed brunette *swoon*

edit: Louise English

Louise English!! Holy crap I never knew her name.

It's always been the brunettes for me. Started with Mary Anne and ended with Alison Brie from Community. I'm sure there's a Charlies Angels reference too but I can't think of their names.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads