• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couldn't sit on Expanse until the season was over so I ended up just binging the first 7 eps. Holy ****, Naomi. I think Ripley loses her crown as most badass woman in space.
You'll end up loving Drummer too...

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn that might have been the best Expanse episode. My wife and I didn't put it together until the credits started to roll, but that was incredibly powerful.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn that might have been the best Expanse episode. My wife and I didn't put it together until the credits started to roll, but that was incredibly powerful.

Yeah it was pretty incredible. Can't say it's my favorite ep; I still like the ending of season 3 most b/c of the Mao story arc, but, this one is a pretty damn close second IMO. And I'm so glad Clarissa's back in this season.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amos does an after show on YouTube.
It's not a production like Talking Dead, or as good, but there are some good interviews.
It's always fun to see Cara Gee. She's so opposite of her character...

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Predictions on what happens next year after Cas Anvar gets the boot? I saw an article online theorizing that Bull is going to take Alex's place, which makes more sense than recasting the character. Bull proved he was a good pilot in that fight with whatever that Belter ship was called.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a pretty bad ass fight. It reminded me a bit of some of the space combat in Battlestar Galactica, which is another fantastic show (the modern one, not that 1979 cheese fest).

I agree that Bull would be a rational replacement for Alex, just as long as Bobbi doesn't get written out. I'd miss her.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Started watching Fortitude and didn't realize I had already seen the 1st season and part of the 2nd season. It's definitely a fun watch but their small town brain decision making has begun wearing on me.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
latest

Set in England a very very long time ago, this HIGHLY rated series follows the Bridgerton family as they navigate high society, attempt to marry off their daughter and deal with gossip(< will come back to that.)

Season 1 has 8 episodes. I finished 3 eps last night. Those 3 dealt with the marrying season, when the eligible young ladies are presented to single men to court.

The main lassie, played by Phoebe Dynevor, isn't really hip to the entire process. A newcomer in town, played by Rege-Jean page, is a duke with some past family issues...and doesn't want to get married. They hatch a scheme to try to get around the process, even though they don't really care for each other.

Yup...you can guess what happens next.

The series(so far) is narrated in the background and also documented in a society page read by anyone who is anyone.

Now...I don't think I have ever seen 1 full episode of Gossip Girl....but this has the same/simple feel. Narration/documentation/quest for love.

This has gotten loads of press re the series producer(Shonda Rhimes), the story and the sexuality. So far...it is basically a Gossip Girl taking place in England....a very very long time ago.

So far(after 3 eps)...2.5/5.
Full review to follow.

So I finished Bridgerton today.

Wow....for so much hype this series received, it was just ok.

-The sex/sex scenes were VASTLY overrated.
-The entire 8 eps were basically Gossip Girl(format) like.
-What kept me watching was to not have another unfinished series in my queue.

I don't usually do period pieces, so it was different than what I usually watch. But nothing special.

2.75-3/5.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Saw Vikings on Amazon last night, completely forgot about that one. Wrapping up the final season. Either it's underwhelming or this show has lived way past its prime. Or I'm just crazy.

Mazzasan

Reaction score
Currently watching The Expanse and Search Party -- both are great as noted above. But recently binged British comed Peep Show. Maybe the funniest series I've ever seen -- can't recommend it highly enough esp. if you are a fan of edibles. Also recently finished Spaced another early uk comedy starring Simon pegg and Nick Frost and all eps directed by Edgar Wright. Only 2 seasons and extremely clever, really enjoyed it.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
night-stalker-netflix-richard-ramirez.jpg

The story of this serial killer can be found on several platforms.....but Netflix came out with their 4 part series earlier this month.

Back in the 1980's, a serial killer was terrorizing the LA/SF areas of California. Not only did he murder people, but he also sexually assaulted women and children.

Netflix focuses on the victims, victim's families and the law enforcement personnel who hunted him down during this time.

The 2 main cops who led the charge(with many others) do a pretty good job of letting the viewers know just how stressed and dedicated they were trying to catch him.

I have read that some of the crime scene photos shown....should not have been shown. I disagree. It was necessary, in my opinion, to view just how brutal the murders and crime scenes were. After all, this is an MA rated documentary.

I almost stopped it after appr 10 min of the first ep....solely because I felt that I could watch a 45 min Youtube vid that tells me all I want to know. I am glad I stuck with it.

3.9/5.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
night-stalker-netflix-richard-ramirez.jpg

The story of this serial killer can be found on several platforms.....but Netflix came out with their 4 part series earlier this month.

Back in the 1980's, a serial killer was terrorizing the LA/SF areas of California. Not only did he murder people, but he also sexually assaulted women and children.

Netflix focuses on the victims, victim's families and the law enforcement personnel who hunted him down during this time.

The 2 main cops who led the charge(with many others) do a pretty good job of letting the viewers know just how stressed and dedicated they were trying to catch him.

I have read that some of the crime scene photos shown....should not have been shown. I disagree. It was necessary, in my opinion, to view just how brutal the murders and crime scenes were. After all, this is an MA rated documentary.

I almost stopped it after appr 10 min of the first ep....solely because I felt that I could watch a 45 min Youtube vid that tells me all I want to know. I am glad I stuck with it.

3.9/5.

I quit the series right after the cop is laughing about punching a witness to get information out of him. I never shook the feeling it was a 1 hour story dragged out with hours of dramatic pauses. I might to back and finish at some point.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I quit the series right after the cop is laughing about punching a witness to get information out of him. I never shook the feeling it was a 1 hour story dragged out with hours of dramatic pauses. I might to back and finish at some point.

I felt the same...just quit and watch a YT vid one day to understand the story. I am glad I pushed on. Watched the entire series last night.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics