• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Daniel Hakimi

Reaction score
Workaholics... Because I'm desperate and consume television at an alarming speed. I recently caught up with Fargo, his Dark Materials, The Karate Kid, and Sabrina, rewatched Don't Trust The B in Apt. 23, rewatched the first three seasons of the Fresh Prince (working on the back three)... And I'm slowly rewatching The Wire with a friend.

... also a few Disney movies. Soul was good, aside from the use of a black dress shirt.

I even watched Cougar Town recently. How sad is that?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
81vVpqg3aqL._RI_.jpg

A family man out jogging one morning finds a neighbor's young son dead along a secluded path. He jets back home to call the police. The investigation begins.

As the local police start to delve into the crime, it seems that the man out jogging may have more to do with the murder than it appears. Questions are asked. Alibis need to be confirmed. Motives start to pop up!

As he tries to convince the community that he is innocent, startling revelations are unearthed and the police have him in their cross hairs! Even his wife seems to be backing off backing him!

This was the 2nd time I caught this 6 part series. This is a solid mystery that will keep you guessing until the very end. Think Broadchurch meets Australia.

4/5.

(Caught it the first time several years ago on Amazon or Netflix....I forget. It's now available on Youtube.)

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just finishing up Season 1 of Fortitude. Much better than I expected. Worth a watch.

every time I think I know wherethe story is going, I’m dead wrong. Not predictable at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: otc

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
every time I think I know wherethe story is going, I’m dead wrong. Not predictable at all.

S1 is definitely a thrill ride. Must be kinda interesting to watch it during covid.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MV5BMzg5ZDFkMzYtNjRkYi00Y2ZlLThhMjktOWY3ZDVjODg0NzMwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjExMjk0ODk@._V1_.jpg

The main character, played by Robbie C, is a heavy gambler, chain smoker and non-stop boozer. His wife still puts up with him, but the stress he brings to the family is pushing her/them away.

But this is not really a family series. See, Robbie C's character is a psychologist who is called on, reluctantly, to help the local police solve cases when they are stuck. He uses unconventional methods and also rubs the police force the wrong way during their interactions.

He gets to the bottom of the cases by analyzing the people/situations and leading the coppers in the right direction.

Yeah...this has been done before/many times....see some guy named Sherlock. But this is good stuff!

Again, the British put together a very good series and it delivers. I just found this on Youtube this week. Never heard about it prior to that.

^
I caught that ep last night and it was VERY good. Actually, brilliant, tense and what an ending!

4/5 for what I have seen so far.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of criminal shows, I've been watching Vera and the newest CB Strike episodes, both very good.

The first season of The Flight Attendant (lighthearted whodunnit with some dark twists) and Evil (basically X-Files/Fringe but religious instead of aliens/dimensions/etc) were both very fun.

Also finally giving Mr Robot another proper go and it's great.

But my favorite thing I've seen recently is easily Ted Lasso, second AppleTV show I've seen with the first one being The Morning Show. Very different styles, but both are absolutely fantastic and probably my top recommendations for 2019 and 2020 respectively.
1610584950426.png

(and no, you don't need to be even remotely interested in sports, it's just a fantastic feel-good comedy show)

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The first season of The Flight Attendant (lighthearted whodunnit with some dark twists) and Evil (basically X-Files/Fringe but religious instead of aliens/dimensions/etc) were both very fun.

I'm a little confused by what they are going to do with season 2 of the Flight Attendant.

They left a hook open for the action with her becoming a CIA asset but...that's going to be a very different show.

Like first off...Either she stays sober and you lose the wild party girl character. Or she doesn't stay sober and the whole thing gets pretty depressing (it already was headed that way by the end of the season).

And in S1 the events were just random/lucky enough to be believable. How she got into the situation, how she involved her zany friends to help solve it, etc. If the next event is set up by the CIA, isn't it just going to be layered in procedure and skilled operatives? You can't go to your shady lawyer friend on official business...

Or maybe that just creates a backdrop for her to want to go rogue and follow up on the events of S1. I guess it could be convincing if it went that direction--she has her FA job, her CIA tasks, but she moonlights trying to find more justice for Alex.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Discovered Smileys People, the last instalment of Le Carre the Karla trilogy on Prime..saw it years ago on TV. Highly recommend.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S1 is definitely a thrill ride. Must be kinda interesting to watch it during covid.

Holy **** that ended differently than I expected! I thought there were only 10 episodes. We still had two more when I posted the other day. Even with a fair amount of suspension of disbelief, I enjoyed the ride. Would love to see a polar bear in the wild now. Hoping S2 with Quaid is as good.

Thinking of starting The Expanse before another season of Fortitude. I hear such good things.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's awesome but definitely a time investment. Whole lotta story, characters and moving parts, kinda like GoT.

I'm going to check out Mandalorian this weekend probably. Didn't care much about the hype over it before but that theme song is cool as hell so gonna give it a shot.

edit: Also I'm more than ready for more What We Do in the Shadows. I've been rewatching On Cinema and other goofy Tim Heidecker vids on YT to fill that gap in the interim.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holy **** that ended differently than I expected! I thought there were only 10 episodes. We still had two more when I posted the other day. Even with a fair amount of suspension of disbelief, I enjoyed the ride. Would love to see a polar bear in the wild now. Hoping S2 with Quaid is as good.

Thinking of starting The Expanse before another season of Fortitude. I hear such good things.

I don't want to spoil anything or influence your reactions, but S2 is...different--I enjoyed it though. Kind of seemed like critics couldn't decide if it was better or worse than S1.

S3 is...very different. Gonna have to have suspended a lot of disbelief by the time you get there...it is only 4 episodes so not a huge investment to decide for yourself how you feel about it...and perhaps it is an intentional descent into madness.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh yeah, more Expanse chatter. I just realized the actor who plays the Martian admiral that Alex was trying to talk to after his seminar/course/whatever is the guy who played Jonesy in Carnivale, my other favorite cancelled series.

I knew I recognized him, but was thinking it was the goofy dude in Xena Warrior Princess, but no, it's Jonesy.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the-watch-season-1-poster-400x600.jpg

Just went through the first three episodes of this one from BBC America. I enjoyed the Terry Prachett books the show is very, very, very loosely based on. If you're the kind of person that gets bothered by deviations from the source material, you should definitely not watch this show. If you aren't bothered by that sort of thing, or haven't read the books, then you, well, still probably shouldn't watch this. It's not great. I'm not even sure it's good. It shows flashes of potential occasionally, but mostly it's just uninteresting.

I'll still watch the whole season, because I'm kind of an idiot.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B4063AA7-11B9-4563-B1DE-4E7C8C699CE2.jpeg

Extremely well done series based on a best-selling book that I never heard of. Chronicles the on-off relationship between two Irish young adults over several years. Sensitive without being boring, lots of fairly graphic sex and romantic without relying on cliches. 12 episodes about 22 min each. On Hulu.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads