• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Harold and Kumar go to White Castle, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Orville- I think that's all I've watched on it lately.
Yeah.. was thinking about Blindspot, Smallville and maybe just cancelling after the month. Just doesn’t seem as good as Prime/Netflix/etc

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is the exact argument you made. You said her opinion is wrong because she doesn't hold an advanced degree or equal level job title. You are showing your arguments faulty logic by buying into social propaganda under the guise of "wokeness".

Her opinion isn't scientific is what I said you ******* idiot.

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Her opinion isn't scientific is what I said you ******* idiot.
I said her opinion is based off of science. Are you trying to look stupid or is this just natural for you? Generally, when someone starts throwing insults out like you are it's because they know they are losing the argument.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said her opinion is based off of science. Are you trying to look stupid or is this just natural for you?

It's not you ******* nitwit, it's based on HER feelings about gender and sex.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gender should completely stop being used as it's purpose has grown to be more confusing than helpful. Biological sex is all people truly need to know anyway. Gender just categorizes people into labels that oddly enough, is the exact type of thing the targeted group is constantly outraged about. As is evidenced by the 100+ different genders that are now promoted from the deep dungeons of the modern University social programs.

Seems like the people this applies to are categorizing themselves, which I have no problem with. I mean, if you hate trans people, just hate trans people, and stop trying to make scientific arguments for bigotry.

I'm not going to learn 100+ genders, but if I 'misgender' someone and they correct me, I'll call them what they want to be called rather than "Yeah well I identify as an attack helicopter, durrr" because I'm not a narrow minded old fool.

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Seems like the people this applies to are categorizing themselves, which I have no problem with. I mean, if you hate trans people, just hate trans people, and stop trying to make scientific arguments for bigotry.

I'm not going to learn 100+ genders, but if I 'misgender' someone and they correct me, I'll call them what they want to be called rather than "Yeah well I identify as an attack helicopter, durrr" because I'm not a narrow minded old fool.
How convenient. Now arguing against something means you "hate" it. This is a lot like when people bring up statistics backed by actual evidence and are labeled racist. It's an easy way to attack the person without actually proving the argument wrong.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe it's because I'm confused as to what you're actually arguing against. Seems like you don't want to acknowledge transgender people because they identify as the opposite sex. If I'm wrong please correct me.

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Maybe it's because I'm confused as to what you're actually arguing against. Seems like you don't want to acknowledge transgender people because they identify as the opposite sex. If I'm wrong please correct me.
In the words of the radical woke movement, "it's not my job to educate you".

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Um, okay then?

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Um, okay then?
You could simply read the thread if you want to know what the discussion is about. I'll give you a hint - it starts about one page back. If you're unable to follow a forum thread then I don't know why you're here in the first place.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You could simply read the thread if you want to know what the discussion is about. I'll give you a hint - it starts about one page back. If you're unable to follow a forum thread then I don't know why you're here in the first place.

I did, seems to me the argument is on gender vs. sex, and you brought wokeness into it and 100+ genders in college books or whatever. I'll just go on referring to trans people as whatever gender they identify as. It's no skin off my back.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm probably younger than you. Mentally I'm more mature though which I think is obvious here.

Hilarious. Simple minded people struggle with complex subjects, especially when it makes them uncomfortable. Thankfully you have your feelings and no need for science.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads