• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Well, you’re right. She said that biology is real, and that sex is determined by biology, not a feeling or belief. And many interpreted that as her saying trans women are not real women.
One has science behind it the other does not.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What don’t you like about the casting?

I thought Annie and Homelander were good fits; Huey was a bit of a cypher anyway, and his American analog isn’t bad.

I want to know what happened to Mother’s Milk, and why the breast milk thing was given to Homelander.

Especially in season two, I’m questioning why the villains are the focus, taking up, what, 60-80% of each episode? But that stuff has been really good, so...

The comic had some good bits, but man, was it a mess. Often just a jumble of action and really bad jokes a middle schooler might think was flipping the bird to...whoever. Ive said it before, but it’s probably the most homophobic thing I’ve ever read. It needed an adult gloss on things.
Hughie was a small dude, Plus he was a conspiracy theorist - both of which were part of why he did the things he did.

MM should be a much bigger guy

The French guy is completely wrong - in the book he is this kind of happy-go-lucky unflappable dude. The French guy in the series is basically the opposite.

The Homelander character should also be a much larger more imposing guy.

I think Annie, the female, and Butcher are cast well. I like what they are doing with Stormfront. Maeve is cast correctly, but written completely contrary to the book, for what reason? So they can produce a woke lesbian subplot?

The book wasn't just homophobic it was racist, but find me a Garth Ennis story that isn't. I don't mind the corrected those parts of the story but keep in mind when it was written being outed as gay was, in fact, seen as the kiss of death for certain celebrities. I'm glad we are (kind-of) out of those days and that storyline is no longer relevant, I don't mind seeing it removed.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did they get Butcher's dog right?
I thought the ****-pig was pretty funny...

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The book wasn't just homophobic it was racist, but find me a Garth Ennis story that isn't. I don't mind the corrected those parts of the story

This line of thinking and 'correcting' fictional stories/characters baffles me. It's like the hysteria over the plot of JK Rowling's upcoming book - like we're all totally cool with a book about a serial killer but a trans serial killer is somehow beyond the pale? It's a ridiculous, Mary Whitehouse-esque level of pearl clutching and soft censorship.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watched the first two parts of The Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty a four part BBC documentary that peals the flesh off the odious social and political behaviour of Rupert and how he controls politicians through patronage via media support.

Excellent expose on a vile creature and his progeny with no ethics, morals and a naked love of power.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This line of thinking and 'correcting' fictional stories/characters baffles me. It's like the hysteria over the plot of JK Rowling's upcoming book - like we're all totally cool with a book about a serial killer but a trans serial killer is somehow beyond the pale? It's a ridiculous, Mary Whitehouse-esque level of pearl clutching and soft censorship.

Have you read the comic? I’d imagine (hope) the writer is embarrassed. No way Amazon would try to make something racist or homophobic.

They also improved upon plotting, dialogue, character and the sense of juvenility that pervades it. I don’t think ‘correcting is the right word — but it would be one thing if the publisher was banned from printing it or even if they tried to sanitize future editions or something, but I’m not outraged over better writers dropping ****** content for their TV adaptation. It’s their show, after all.

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you read the comic?

Nope, no interest in comic books.

No way Amazon would try to make something racist or homophobic.

Work of fiction aren't racist or homophobic in and of themselves. The author might be (historically most authors were at one point or another) and the actions/dialogue of characters can certainly be racist/homophobic. Functioning adults don't look to fiction for moral guidance and you cannot start censoring these things out of art while they still exist in society at large.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok dumbfuck, The Turner Diaries, The Camp of the Saints, and The Birth of a Nation are works of fiction that are explicitly **************.
Adventures of Huckleberry Finn dropped the n-bomb in practically every paragraph. At least that's how I remember it when I read it in HS like 20 years ago.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haha...yeah. It’s obvious you guys haven’t read it. It’s not a book (like Huck Finn) with racist characters or that attempts to examine racism. No one’s lobbying to end all art in the name of wokeness.

Much of it is just cartoonish gay jokes. (One segment is literally a popular joke/urban legend from elementary school: one of the superheroes kills a hamster by stuffing it ***********, and the takeaway is like, Hurr hurr gay people, amirite?).

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also, literature was pretty much created for moral guidance, so idk.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads