• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone watch Into the Badlands?

Also, westworld worth watching after S1?

I for one LOVE into the badlands, absolutely ridiculous but ******* awesome fighting scenes and a mix of comedy and action like out of classic Jackie Chan movies, how can you not be a fan?

Also love the fact that they never bother with an actual explanation as to why there aren't guns (despite it being in the future) so the audience just accepts the stance of "sword and knives make for cooler scenes ok, so just shut up and enjoy the ride"

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I for one LOVE into the badlands, absolutely ridiculous but ******* awesome fighting scenes and a mix of comedy and action like out of classic Jackie Chan movies, how can you not be a fan?

Also love the fact that they never bother with an actual explanation as to why there aren't guns (despite it being in the future) so the audience just accepts the stance of "sword and knives make for cooler scenes ok, so just shut up and enjoy the ride"
The shift from S1 to S2 was strange to me. They basically switched main characters. Took a while to get back into it.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Binged seasons 1 and 2 of Tin Star over the last week. You really need to be a fan of Tim Roth's delivery to enjoy this. Junk food for the brain, but I found it easy to watch and engaging enough that I'll watch Season 3 when it comes out in November. Then again, I'm the guy who was addicted to Longmire.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Expanse season 4 was great, but, no surprise there.

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, I am loving season 2, and have watched season 1 twice.
They set a pretty high bar with S1. I mean Laser Baby was “diabolical“, and who could forgot the short-lived flight of the dolphin? The humour is missing a little, but the show is still fantastic.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been watching the after-show.
I like Aisha Tyler, she's Lana on Archer for christ sake. But it's not good. It has it's moments with cast interviews, but the pre-planned bits are awful.
Bonus points for having Laser Baby though...

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Aisha too. Haven’t watched the after show. That entire Laser Baby scene is to me one of the most gloriously ridiculous things I’ve ever seen - pure gold.

Last edited:

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Did it pick up speed after the first couple of episodes? I might be willing to try it again if so. I'm definitely down for silly sci fi with logic gaps in general.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All 4 were great. I love that show.

"Holden, do not put ********* in it. It's fucked enough already"

Best quote ever lol

Interested in how season 6 is going to be since apparently there's going to be a 30 year time jump from after 5.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Holden, do not put ********* in it. It's fucked enough already"

Best quote ever lol

Interested in how season 6 is going to be since apparently there's going to be a 30 year time jump from after 5.
Yeah, I'm hoping they just re-write the timeline instead of doing something stupid.
Like re-casting Holden and Naomi as Ted Dansen and Whoopie.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm just bummed that Avasarala will likely not be in it, then again but maybe she will. IIRC, someone in an earlier season mentioned people on Earth live until age 130 or something

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll miss that bag of gravel, 10 pack a day sultry voice...

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody watching Raised by Wolves? I can't decide if it is average and interesting or good and interesting, which I guess characterizes a lot of Ridley Scott's work. In any event, I recommend checking it out.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody watching Raised by Wolves? I can't decide if it is average and interesting or good and interesting, which I guess characterizes a lot of Ridley Scott's work. In any event, I recommend checking it out.
I watched the first episode and thought it was interesting.
For some reason, I haven't been back for episode two yet, though I had planned on it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads