• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just finished Dark season 3 yesterday.

Season 1 was great, but in retrospect I would've been fine with it stopping there. Ramping up the timelines and complexities in season 2 and especially season 3 caused me to care less and less about the characters as stuff got murkier and murkier.

Not really a spoiler, but still:

By the time I came to the end of episode 8, season 3, it felt like it would have been a perfectly fine place to leave it.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished Dark season 3 yesterday.

Season 1 was great, but in retrospect I would've been fine with it stopping there. Ramping up the timelines and complexities in season 2 and especially season 3 caused me to care less and less about the characters as stuff got murkier and murkier.

Not really a spoiler, but still:

By the time I came to the end of episode 8, season 3, it felt like it would have been a perfectly fine place to leave it.

I started season 2 and turned it off about 30 minutes into the first episode because it was just so needlessly convoluted.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finished Warrior Nun yesterday. Most of the middle episodes were just filler until the last 2 episodes which were great. Main character is cute enough to get me to keep me interested without being unrealistically hot.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they could've tightened it up to 8 episodes without significant loss, but Netflix seems to be getting better about cutting out bloat, thankfully.

I'm more of a Sister Beatrice fan, myself...

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dipped my toe into Arrested Development last night. Will report back.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dipped my toe into Arrested Development last night. Will report back.

Wait, have you not seen it before? It’s great.

I’m so pissed my wife is the greatest person ever, but just can’t get excited about watching it.

I’m thankful it brought Jason Bateman back, after he was pretty much forgotten about after a rough run of things in the 80s.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
NBC finally hit on some junk food TV that I can get behind with these "stupid human tricks" game shows.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, have you not seen it before? It’s great.

I’m so pissed my wife is the greatest person ever, but just can’t get excited about watching it.

I’m thankful it brought Jason Bateman back, after he was pretty much forgotten about after a rough run of things in the 80s.
I live near the banana stand area.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
unsolved-02.jpg

Started the new episodes last night. Finished 3/6.

This series carefully walks the viewers along the path leading up to the crime/mystery. It uses real life testimonials, actual crime scene phots and reenactments. Each ep is just under 1 hour.

Really not more to say. The title speaks for itself.

So far....I would go 3.9/5.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Am i drunk maybe but i watch the Business of Drugs. Man my tax dollars go to catch seven guys in Myanmar? Like I know to not trust criminals but still.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1595129765274.jpeg

BLACK MIRROR!!!

Holy cow, is this good! Why did I wait so long to watch this? Easily the best show I’ve seen in a long, long while. Each episode is like a fully-developed movie, rich with interest, sentiment, pathos, intrigue.

!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1426744

BLACK MIRROR!!!

Holy cow, is this good! Why did I wait so long to watch this? Easily the best show I’ve seen in a long, long while. Each episode is like a fully-developed movie, rich with interest, sentiment, pathos, intrigue.

!

Yeah, Black Mirror is great. I likewise was a holdout for various reasons then wasn't convinced by the first couple of episodes I watched. Eventually I hung in there and it finally clicked. Even the initial episodes wound up being remarkable. I have little interest in rewatching old episodes (maybe if they do another season) but I do miss that initial "woah" moment when I finally got on the show's wavelength.

Daniel Hakimi

Reaction score
I'm currently rewatching:

The Wire. I'm in the middle of the best season of television there's ever been. First full rewatch. Fun stuff.

Malcolm in the Middle, season 6, the episode where Hal and Francis go on their bike trip through the living room.

I guess I'll probably finish both soonish, I could use a good recommendation for background noise or else I'm going to have to start streaming bad anime again.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm currently rewatching:

The Wire. I'm in the middle of the best season of television there's ever been. First full rewatch. Fun stuff.

Malcolm in the Middle, season 6, the episode where Hal and Francis go on their bike trip through the living room.

I guess I'll probably finish both soonish, I could use a good recommendation for background noise or else I'm going to have to start streaming bad anime again.
Archer is great to have on in the background. The first 3-4 seasons are great. The last few haven’t been that great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads