• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1593492314370.jpeg

Defending Jacob. Captain America stars as a bearded police detective whose son becomes the #1 suspect in a grisly crime. With only eight episodes, this remains a pretty tight and engaging family/crime drama. Did the son do it? How far will a wife go to protect her family? Does the beard enhance or detract from my sexiness factor? Questions that can only be answered on something called Apple TV+.

It’s a bit of a mystery how this new streaming platform works. This show might be free for everyone. If not, you can download the app on your iPhone to see if you’re still eligible for a free year. (I think it depends on when you purchased the phone).

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Unsolved Mysteries.

Robert stack made the original so creepy. They need a narrator! At least they got the spirit of that creepy theme down even if a bit modern.

Oh and the mysteries are good.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Warrior Nun. It's not bad. It's not bad at all

1593844897331.png

Last edited:

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched the first three episodes- definite potential.

Edit: binged my way through the rest of the season. A couple of the plot twists were predictable, and the story generally goes like you'd expect, but it was well done and I enjoyed it. Second season should be fun.

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Warrior Nun. It's not bad. It's not bad at all.

I just finished watching it, and enjoyed it.

It took a little while to get going, and for things to come together. I thought that episodes two and three were perhaps a bit slow and took a while to establish what course the main character was going to follow.

Fingers crossed for another season, as I really want to see how things develop from where S1 finished!

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Orville is better than I expected it to be. It's a comedic homage to Star Trek rather than a spoof. (The plots are serious, but the crew is made comedic.)

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only got 2-3 episodes into it; does it pick up as it goes? I thought it was ok, but not something I got amped to watch.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dickinson on Apple tv was fantastic. The first 6 episodes were nearly perfect. I would highly recommend.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I only got 2-3 episodes into it; does it pick up as it goes? I thought it was ok, but not something I got amped to watch.

I'd say yes. The last season or so they started exploring the comedic potential of inter-species relationships and had some really great episodes.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm only like 6 episodes in. It's not a show that I'm rushing to recommend to people, but it's fun if you are or were into Star Trek.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Black Mirror's U.S.S. Callister is pretty bang on for a Star Trek fan.

lefty

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in season 3 of Dark...
Martha is so hot.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm in season 3 of Dark...
Martha is so hot.
that's next. I burned through season 1 and 2 a month or so back. ******* love it. season 1 might be top 3 seasons of any show i've ever seen - i found myself completely obsessed. i will say the ending of season 2 was kind of fuckin' bullshit. how are you liking season 3

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's next. I burned through season 1 and 2 a month or so back. ******* love it. season 1 might be top 3 seasons of any show i've ever seen - i found myself completely obsessed. i will say the ending of season 2 was kind of fuckin' bullshit. how are you liking season 3
The problem is it's rough keeping track of who's who young and old. Especially after the layoff from season 2. I'm constantly pausing and bringing up IMDB to double check.
Season 1 was the best. I'm only 2 episodes in to 3 so far...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads