• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DzXD6WrU0AEEZgM.jpg

I also started this during the week. I am 3/8 episodes in.

A well off/interior design business owner/2 annoying daughters/4 time divorcee decides to give love another chance. She meets John online. He is a divorced doctor and they hit it off on date 1 after she strikes out with several others.

But wait....her daughters don't like him. I mean...REALLY don't like him. They start to see signs that John may not be right for mom even as the relationship is progressing at a fast pace.

Older/spoiled daughter starts to investigate. She sells one of her Chanel bags(which she keeps in a safe in her bedroom) to pay for a private investigator.

What will she find out? What will her mother think if she tells her? Will John spazz out?

Each episode captures a time in the relationship as well as a look back on previous marriages.

You may say to yourself, self, this sounds like a comedy. Nope, it's actually based on a true story and really isn't bad. The daughters can be over the top, but I will definitely finish this up over the wknd.

3/5 after 3 eps. I don't see this going up more than .5 based on the ending. It definitely can go down.

Thanks for the recap. Just started it and it’s better than I thought. After this and Ozark, I’m smitten with Julia Garner.

I’m trying so hard not to spoiler it for myself. Haven’t heard the real story.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Michael Jordan documentary is super good

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the recap. Just started it and it’s better than I thought. After this and Ozark, I’m smitten with Julia Garner.

I’m trying so hard not to spoiler it for myself. Haven’t heard the real story.

No prob.

I try to make all my reviews vague so it doesn't ruin it for anyone. The first 3 eps were much better than the last 5, IMO.

But it isn't horrible.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Michael Jordan documentary is super good

You know...when I was sick recently, that's all anyone talked about(online). Does it shed any light on him?Bulls that has not already been said? I feel that I don't need to be in a rush to watch it(especially being a Pistons fan!)

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't watched it either, but it sounds like no new ground was covered. He was a massive asshole on the court and some people still believe that made his teammates more successful. His assholeness also made him possibly the greatest basketball player ever. Ken Burns believes it's a vanity piece, not real history (he's right).

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dunno, I'm not a huge follower of sports, and I was just a kid during that time, so there's a lot to it that's new to me. Makes heavy use of the footage from the documentary team that was with them in 97 as well fresh interviews with seemingly everyone (and Obama).

Started watching because it was highly recommended by people who are big NBA fans so...

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't watched it either, but it sounds like no new ground was covered. He was a massive asshole on the court and some people still believe made his teammates more successful. His assholeness also made him possibly the greatest basketball player ever. Ken Burns believes it's a vanity piece, not real history (he's right).

I'm in no rush.

Between the Pistons 30 > 4 > 30 and all of the other vids on Youtube and the recent book I read, Dream Team, I have no interest right now.

I did read today that he has decided to donate $100mil over the next 10 years for racial equality/diversity. I guess Nike/his people said...hey Mike........you gotta give some of the $ away and make it look as if you care!

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in no rush.

Between the Pistons 30 > 4 > 30 and all of the other vids on Youtube and the recent book I read, Dream Team, I have no interest right now.

I did read today that he has decided to donate $100mil over the next 10 years for racial equality/diversity. I guess Nike/his people said...hey Mike........you gotta give some of the $ away and make it look as if you care!

Fun fact: Back in the day in Vegas, Michael Jordan was known as 'hoardin' Jordan.' Pippen was known 'No tippin' Pippen.' Rodman could make it rain tho...

The doc was a total propaganda piece, but enjoyable nonetheless for casual fans such as myself. I think if you were a real basketball fan, it would be boring. The doc plays up the drama of the games: who will win? If you know the answer, I think that kind of thing would get old quick.

Billy Corgan tells a good Rodman story on the JRE podcast:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We must have some big Jordan haters in here!

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Au contraire! I have nothing but respect and admiration for poor tippers. I'm a pretty bad tipper myself, but when I see somebody really take it to the next level, while being polite and courteous, I instantly want to marry or become best friends with this person.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No. I respect him as a basketball player.

I also respect that the many Jordan fans are bandwagon fans. No one was a Bulls fan before Jordan if you didn't live in Chi. Then many claimed that they were DL fans. Ok.

Same with Lebron. Everyone all of a sudden loved Cleveland. Then when he went to Miami, people said...I also like the Heat. Ok.

I live in NYC. I have always been a Pistons fan. If the Knicks signed Isiah Thomas, I would still be a Pistons fan.

Plus, Jordan really was not a nice person.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eh, the whole bandwagon fan thing is no different from music fans playing the stupid "I listened to them before they were big" game.

People pretending they have always been superfans is dumb too, but it is not exactly surprising given how bandwagon fans are treated.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve always been a Lebron fan until he joined the Lakers. I have a lot of respect for what he does off the court and actually tries to use his influence to help under privileged kids. Little different than MJ who just wanted to make money and hook up with women.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads