• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Recently got a nostalgia vibe and now I'm (re)watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Did you make it through the full run? I was thinking about attempting this again, as the wife hasn’t seen it. It’s a shame that was before TV moved to wide screen.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hollywood on Netflix. Someone here said it was bad, so I almost skipped it, but lo — it’s by Ryan Murphy, who did American Horror Story and OJ Simpson. Three episodes in, it’s much better than expected, OG hard times Hollywood, with occasional surprise flopping man-dong(!).

(OK, that only happened once, but I thought this was on network tv)

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you make it through the full run? I was thinking about attempting this again, as the wife hasn’t seen it. It’s a shame that was before TV moved to wide screen.
No, I don't watch a whole lot of tv, so I'm only about four episodes into the first season. At my rate, it might take a year to go all the way through, if I do so.

It would be fantastic to see an HD version....

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just finished Chernobyl. Feeling ******* brutalized.

Reactions: otc

jts287

Reaction score
Awhile back I started Fauda. I hated it and didn't even finish the first episode. Last night the wife said she was interested so I gave it another chance and surprise we totally got into it, binged 3 eps and looking forward to tonite.
Fauda is phenomenal; and it gets better and better as the seasons progress.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Recently got a nostalgia vibe and now I'm (re)watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer and The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. Fun stuff.
I remember watching Buffy was I was 13! Loved it back then, wouldn't want to ruin it be rewatching and not enjoying it now.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm enjoying it. The dialogue is still sharp and it's been long enough since I watched it that I don't remember exactly what happened, so it still feels newish.

I will say that The Master is a ****** villain. I wasn't impressed by him initially, and he's worse on rewatching. I'm looking forward to the Spike and Drusilla episodes.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love that show so much. It was just a total surprise, given how ****** the production value and latex and everything looks, early on -- and then the writing just gets better and better. Still amazes me how much of a linguistic impact it had, too. So many phrasings that kind of sounded new or weird at the time are now standard television writing.

In other news, we're almost done with Ricky Gervais's After Life on Netflix. It gets really good, IMO. A much deeper emotional take on his standard asshole character, and one that absolutely tears me up as a married person now...

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can get a 65" Samsung 4k TV from Costco for $599.99. **** that's cheap.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
DzXD6WrU0AEEZgM.jpg

I also started this during the week. I am 3/8 episodes in.

A well off/interior design business owner/2 annoying daughters/4 time divorcee decides to give love another chance. She meets John online. He is a divorced doctor and they hit it off on date 1 after she strikes out with several others.

But wait....her daughters don't like him. I mean...REALLY don't like him. They start to see signs that John may not be right for mom even as the relationship is progressing at a fast pace.

Older/spoiled daughter starts to investigate. She sells one of her Chanel bags(which she keeps in a safe in her bedroom) to pay for a private investigator.

What will she find out? What will her mother think if she tells her? Will John spazz out?

Each episode captures a time in the relationship as well as a look back on previous marriages.

You may say to yourself, self, this sounds like a comedy. Nope, it's actually based on a true story and really isn't bad. The daughters can be over the top, but I will definitely finish this up over the wknd.

3/5 after 3 eps. I don't see this going up more than .5 based on the ending. It definitely can go down.

Last edited:

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dunno how the show will work out, but I heard about the events it was based on, and it's some wild ****. The ending should be interesting.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I never heard the story(maybe I did and don't remember) and didn't realize that it was a true story until I read the description on Netflix.

It's ok so far. We shall see!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I watched a tv show about it. It was one of those murder mystery kind of shows. I agree it's a wild story but I don't need a stretched out rehash.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
DzXD6WrU0AEEZgM.jpg

I also started this during the week. I am 3/8 episodes in.

A well off/interior design business owner/2 annoying daughters/4 time divorcee decides to give love another chance. She meets John online. He is a divorced doctor and they hit it off on date 1 after she strikes out with several others.

But wait....her daughters don't like him. I mean...REALLY don't like him. They start to see signs that John may not be right for mom even as the relationship is progressing at a fast pace.

Older/spoiled daughter starts to investigate. She sells one of her Chanel bags(which she keeps in a safe in her bedroom) to pay for a private investigator.

What will she find out? What will her mother think if she tells her? Will John spazz out?

Each episode captures a time in the relationship as well as a look back on previous marriages.

You may say to yourself, self, this sounds like a comedy. Nope, it's actually based on a true story and really isn't bad. The daughters can be over the top, but I will definitely finish this up over the wknd.

3/5 after 3 eps. I don't see this going up more than .5 based on the ending. It definitely can go down.

I finished this last night. Gonna drop it down to a 2/5.

While the story as a whole was interesting, the latter part(8 eps in total) really didn't do anything for me. I guess that they can only do so much as it is based on a true story.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads