• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thought season two of Secret City was pretty good:

House of Cards/Homeland style political thriller. The plot is intricate enough, the twists are mostly intelligent, the dumb parts are tolerable. Anna Torv plays a sympathetic lead. Only six episodes so a quick binge.

I got to ep 4 and never finished it. Not because I didn't want to...just because I didn't.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In other news, can we fast track a vaccine so we can get more Karate Kid and The Boys season two?
I hope the next season of The Boys gives Homelander more screen time. Easily one of the best villains in years. He makes the show.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, but when will that be? I’m pretty sure that filming’s on indefinite pause for everything. Some shows in progress are already slowed down and coming to a halt.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, but when will that be? I’m pretty sure that filming’s on indefinite pause for everything. Some shows in progress are already slowed down and coming to a halt.
Season 2 is in the can. It will be out this year...

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MV5BMDA1MjMyOTItZDdiZS00MjFhLThmYTYtNWI4YTE4MzJiMWRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUxMTY3ODM@._V1_UY1200_CR165,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

I started this last night. Up to ep 3.

A woman heads to Ibiza to try to find out what happened to her brother who was murdered there 20 years prior. She meets up with some of his friends in Ibiza who left Manchester with him years ago to start a new life and become DJ sensations.

Twist? Her brother's body was found buried on the local grand puba's land....so she has to deal with him, his family, the authorities and the "friends"...who may know more than they are telling her.

The alluring Laura Haddock plays Zoe, the main character. Daniel Mays(I remember him from The Bank Job) plays Marcus, one of the brother's friends.

Nudity, cursing, violence and Ibiza(though it was not filmed there.)

So far.....3/5. Subject to chance after I find out how the series plays out.

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1589834777036.jpeg

HOMECOMING on Amazon Prime...

Was a really pleasant surprise. It follows a therapist (Julia Roberts) working at a secretive government facility researching ways to reintegrate soldiers into civilian life. It’s split into two time periods — her time at the facility, and after, in which she has no memory of working there — each with its own particular way of filming. Bobby Canavale playing against type as a villain is a nice touch. Each episode is whittled down to a tight half hour of paranoia.

Like other recent Amazon shows, it passes quickly, more like a solid five hour movie.

Season two (with a new lead, and related, but new storyline) begins in a couple days.

Last edited:

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was really impressed with his stand-up special and I've been looking forward to this show, so I am pleasantly surprised he is in it.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Netflix's Dead To Me season 2 was really good. I enjoyed it a lot more than the first. Christina Applegate plays a woman who's befriended by the woman who accidentally plowed over her husband with her car. It's funny, then dark, then sometimes darkly funny, with big tearjerker moments on the horizon. JUST FYI.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awhile back I started Fauda. I hated it and didn't even finish the first episode. Last night the wife said she was interested so I gave it another chance and surprise we totally got into it, binged 3 eps and looking forward to tonite.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently got a nostalgia vibe and now I'm (re)watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer and The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. Fun stuff.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Letterkenny is pretty funny. Just got the Hulu and started streaming it this morning.

Reactions: otc

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads