• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
AAAABcXZY0kx4tYi2Lez-FKNWvhcmgmMNDC64YnsUiv9dn21EIjyyO_sj5k8xM6fVu5guIvZxviWjtQH8jtCk2NC1Wf9SFef.jpg

Two wild and crazy best friends/roommates from Dublin spend their days going to school and working at a financial firm. At night, they hit up bars, dance at clubs and curse at everyone who annoys them.

When one friend realizes that her life isn't going anywhere, she decides to apply for a semester abroad in Vancouver. The other friend gets fired from her finance job and is unsure what to do with her life.

This 2 season series takes you from their lives in Dublin, art school in Vancouver and the trappings of Dublin if you have no guidance.

It's a straight comedy....with a bit of seriousness thrown in. Each ep is app 20 minutes.

I liked this. Nothing complicated. An easy watch. I sat back yesterday and watched both seasons in one sitting.

3/5.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Westworld S3. I don't know what the **** is going on. Which host is in Charlotte?

Another show that should've been a miniseries. I watched the first episode of season 3 and instantly forgot what happened. Can't say I care.

Had no interest in watching Tiger King but a boozy video chat with a friend changed that. I watched 3 episodes in a row tonight and look forward to wrapping it up in the next day or two.

Also watching ZeroZeroZero on Amazon Prime. Don't give a **** about the characters but it's entertaining - it'd be nice if I'd stop getting sound delays on AP.

Nikos

Reaction score
Westworld season 2 was so complicated for no apparent reason, I think I had enough.
The only reason I might change my mind is because I like Bernard's outfits.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Westworld S3. I don't know what the **** is going on. Which host is in Charlotte?
What the **** is up with that show. Is it incoherent by design? The first ep s3 made perfect sense then ...............

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
S1 made sense and was great. S2 was a jumbled mess and no one knew wtf was happening. S3 isn't a complete jumbled mess like S2 but not as good as S1.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Haven't found anything engaging to binge on so started watching Dick Cavett and Tom Snyder Interviews. Interesting to hear public opinion and thoughts from the 70's to the 90's.
Alfred Hitchcock interviewed by both, very transparent man.
Three different Sterling Hayden interviews over a few years with Snyder are a mini series unto themselves.
Tons of musicians of that era frequented those shows.
Hard to find find full length videos on you tube; most interviews have been dissected into brief fragments.

Last edited:

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1585680812114.png

Powering through Stranger Things.

Season 1 is fun. Horror usually isn't my cup of tea, but this is like horror-lite. It's a fun concept, well executed, and the story arc is tight. 3.5/5

Season 2 starts to get a little too campy. The subplots especially are a little ridiculous, especially the one set in Pittsburgh, and there's an excessive reliance on tropes and nick-of-time heroics. Seems like they didn't really know where to go with it other than "season 1, but bigger!" Kinda feels like Back to the Future Part 2. Still fun, expands the universe in interesting ways, but some of the magic of the original was lost. 2.5/5

Hopefully season 3 is better than Back to the Future Part 3. I'll update on S3 once I finish it.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
S1 made sense and was great. S2 was a jumbled mess and no one knew wtf was happening. S3 isn't a complete jumbled mess like S2 but not as good as S1.

I think S2 gets a bad rap from simply being different from S1 (how could it not be? The big mystery is revealed) and getting a lot of internet backlash, but I think it really wasn't so bad. It was complicated in a way that turns off casual viewers but which is in keeping with the general theme (S1 was equally complicated, but had more surface-level appeal for people who just want to ignore it).

That said, after an almost 2 year gap, that causes problems. Like completely not remembering what happened with Maeve...

I've been enjoying S3 so far, but they've made some odd decisions. Like it seemed that they went overboard on explaining the Rico app (which seemed pretty clear that it was crime-uber on first glance) but left forgotten details from prior seasons unexplained.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HOLY **** — IT’S COBRA KAI!

So this is probably old news, but holy ****! I’ve tried jumping jacks, calling friends, meditation apps and other nonsense, and this was the only thing that took my blood pressure back down to where it should be. Twenty-five bucks for the first two seasons on Amazon, and worth every penny.

Thirty-five years after the All Valley tournament, we revisit a fifty-ish Johnny and Larusso, one the owner of a successful car dealership, the other a pretty much worse-off version of Al Bundy. Their fates are intertwined once again when Johnny decides to reopen the infamous Cobra Kai dojo. I love shows like this. Like Changing Lanes or House of Sand and Fog, there really isn’t a bad guy or antagonist — just two well-developed characters at odds with one another. I know that in a couple of days, I’m going to be jonesing for season three.
Have not watched Cobra Kai yet, but this video was made years before and is a pretty decent take on the original movie:

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying Tiger King on Netflix.

The docuseries follows different wild cat breeders, all of whom are wealthy and have built their own cults of workers who get paid very little or nothing in exchange for the seductive lifestyle of being around big cats all the time. Each of them have very unique talents and very deep character flaws. It's like a modern day Shakespearean play and it's full of very flamboyant white trash aesthetics. I want to be Joe Exotic for Halloween.

Netflix-Tiger-King-Joe-Exotic.jpg

Carole Baskin totally did it! She reminds me so much of my psychopath sister it's uncanny. Very creepy.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Season 1 was fascinating: the documentary was going to be about Sunderland trying to make it back up into the Premier league after being relegated. Instead, Sunderland had to deal with the prospect of being relegated to an even lower division. Season two out now.

poster-780.jpg

Nikos

Reaction score
Season 1 was fascinating: the documentary was going to be about Sunderland trying to make it back up into the Premier league after being relegated. Instead, Sunderland had to deal with the prospect of being relegated to an even lower division. Season two out now.

I no longer watch football (soccer) but this is a great series apparently.

I've been watching Ozark. Same as the previous seasons, still good. Some great cinematography and color palette as well.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
We’ve been watching Ramy on Hulu (I know, right?), and it’s excellent. My wife loves award shows and was totally captivated by the writer/director/star’s acceptance speech which began: “I know you’re all thinking, what’s that editor doing up there?”

jts287

Reaction score
View attachment 1360123

HOLY **** — IT’S COBRA KAI!

So this is probably old news, but holy ****! I’ve tried jumping jacks, calling friends, meditation apps and other nonsense, and this was the only thing that took my blood pressure back down to where it should be. Twenty-five bucks for the first two seasons on Amazon, and worth every penny.

Thirty-five years after the All Valley tournament, we revisit a fifty-ish Johnny and Larusso, one the owner of a successful car dealership, the other a pretty much worse-off version of Al Bundy. Their fates are intertwined once again when Johnny decides to reopen the infamous Cobra Kai dojo. I love shows like this. Like Changing Lanes or House of Sand and Fog, there really isn’t a bad guy or antagonist — just two well-developed characters at odds with one another. I know that in a couple of days, I’m going to be jonesing for season three.
Watching this one too, halfway through season 2. It's campy, but man, Johnny is a really well-developed character, and well-acted by Bill Zabka. There have also been a couple times where he yells 'QUIET' and it sounds just like teenage him.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads