• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess I didn't get the joke then, sorry. 2-4 days is pretty good imo. I am having trouble with 2-4 hours!

You really should watch TTSS all the way through, if you can. It is not an "action" film but it is superb in all aspects, very very well done, smart and taut, and constantly, uniformly winds up and up and up until the end. I really recommend it. No joke. :wink:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of books....I have this here at home. About a month+ ago, I was in my local library for something and saw the book and sat down and started reading. I didn't have/haven't had a library card since my elementary school days....but as I was leaving, I signed up.

I extended the return date twice and was scheduled to take it back this week. Due to the library being closed due to COVID19, the date was pushed back.

Good thing as I haven't finished it. Not because it isn't interesting.....more so because I had it in one of my bags and forgot about it.

9780316486668.jpg

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess I didn't get the joke then, sorry. 2-4 days is pretty good imo. I am having trouble with 2-4 hours!

You really should watch TTSS all the way through, if you can. It is not an "action" film but it is superb in all aspects, very very well done, smart and taut, and constantly, uniformly winds up and up and up until the end. I really recommend it. No joke. :wink:

It has been in my queue and I will def check it out later tonight. Tks for the rec.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It has been in my queue and I will def check it out later tonight. Tks for the rec.
I hope you enjoy it. Let us know your impressions.
I think the entire cast is incredible, and the script/dialogue perfect (as it would be, since Le Carrè supervised).

There is one superbly British line/gesture that is so superbly British (ie "upper crust/stiff upper lip" British) that is really fantastic, a real gem of acting, but then almost every moment of the film really is. I'll be interested to see if you catch it. One short line, one quick gesture. Smiley is part of the scene, but it is not his line.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slow Burn, a deep dive on the Watergate scandal, on Epix is pretty interesting. Unfortunatly the narrator almost makes it almost unwatchable.

It's my understanding that it's based on a podcast. If it had the same narrator, I would stay away.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1585038339157.png

HOLY **** — IT’S COBRA KAI!

So this is probably old news, but holy ****! I’ve tried jumping jacks, calling friends, meditation apps and other nonsense, and this was the only thing that took my blood pressure back down to where it should be. Twenty-five bucks for the first two seasons on Amazon, and worth every penny.

Thirty-five years after the All Valley tournament, we revisit a fifty-ish Johnny and Larusso, one the owner of a successful car dealership, the other a pretty much worse-off version of Al Bundy. Their fates are intertwined once again when Johnny decides to reopen the infamous Cobra Kai dojo. I love shows like this. Like Changing Lanes or House of Sand and Fog, there really isn’t a bad guy or antagonist — just two well-developed characters at odds with one another. I know that in a couple of days, I’m going to be jonesing for season three.

Last edited:

Nikos

Reaction score
...I am also having trouble finding something that I can watch for 2-4 days straight w/o switching/losing interest.

This has happened to me a lot lately. Altered Carbon, Kingdom, Giri/Haji, Narcos Mexico, Valhalla Murders, Mr Sunshine. I only finished When They See Us.
I might watch The Wire again, or maybe Ozark's new season in a couple of days. Or Saul.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
71txxIjbf8L._RI_.jpg

I have been watching this on Amazon Prime for the past few days. Each episode focuses on a different Greek god or legend. Episodes are short at 30 minutes but pack a ton of info so actually feel quite substantial. Also, it's nearly impossible to multitask while watching.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1585287090291.jpeg

I’m just going to leave this here and say, Look — look at this. Daniel LaRusso and Johnny Lawrence sharing a beer, talking about old times.

Thank you, YouTube Red!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
AAAABUueczrpyw2XptRryp_vpS8m5PoGuqDeh17SCpGl11zDTqtIHTAAHZIcOI7XDGF-s4a0Wgbp163Sdgmhth9wwwbJZO8gij4z7bmQ1AuJqI0ZGBAwqkcm75llG6y4.jpg

Wow! What can I say about this 4 part mini series except that it is the best thing that I have seen on Netflix recently.

A 19 year old Hasidic woman born/living in Williamsburg, Brooklyn(NY) in an arranged marriage, gets up the courage to escape to Berlin. She doesn't feel comfortable in the marriage and wishes to explore her own freedom without all of the "trappings" of the orthodox Satmar community.

The absolutely brilliant Shira Haas plays Esty Shapiro and she brings so much to this role. The series takes you between the past(meeting her intended husband/marriage/first year) and the current(trying to survive in Berlin/meeting new friends/etc) rather well.

This is not a simple escape and live happily ever after show. The husband/mother in law/community/rabbi set out to find Esty and bring her home. The husband and his shady cousin head to Berlin to find her just as Esty is trying to settle in and carve out a life for herself.

This series will make you want to laugh, cry, get angry....and everything in between.

I have been looking for something on Netflix that captures my attention and this was it. I watched the four appr 50 min episodes last night in one sitting. Captivating!

(Do watch "The Making of Unorthodox" after to get a sense of what went into creating this show. It is based on a true story.)

Netflix finally gets it right!
4.5/5!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Westworld S3. I don't know what the **** is going on. Which host is in Charlotte?

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The show has an uneven gait, it started off hot, then got a little slow, then picked up again, slowed and then sped up again

Everyone knows that 7 of 9 is in the series so clearly the Borg have to be included. Besides the clip doesn't provide any context so you are ok to view it

Everyone hated 1 episode short stories. That is what almost prematurely killed Enterprise, Deep Space 9 and Voyager. Discovery and Picard have not made that mistake
I'll disagree on the 1 episode stories, and agree with everything else. Fantastic ending to the season.
So, uh, really? Picard is now an Android? I'm both ecstatic and upset at the same time. Like, no one could have told him before hand so that he could give his own blessing? They had to throw everything together in short time and yet they had this kick ass program with a dream-like meeting with Data to transfer Picard to his new host? And don't get me started on what exactly this means to the way Picard now thinks/acts. We still know that Androids, although evolving, aren't perfect.

The show has a nice mix of Borg and former stars. Riker is too smiley these days. And how exactly was he able to arrange for an entire fleet of kick ass ships when Picard couldn't get one? I know, I know the Romulan incident and Mars.

For some reason, I'm also kinda sad that Hugh didn't make it. And the hot Romulan chick. That fight with her and 7.... ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads