• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Nikos

Reaction score
I saw it had both Diego Luna and Scoot McNairy (two actors I’ll watch in just about anything)

Scoot McNairy is always excellent.
I think I might watch Halt and Catch Fire at some point.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Scoot McNairy is always excellent.
I think I might watch Halt and Catch Fire at some point.

Ah, thanks for reminding me about that one. I’ve got to finish the later seasons.

He (and almost everyone else) was really good in that one. It’s an interesting period piece without being too cartoony. Kind of like The Americans, but with a software company.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1582075104553.png

Started watching this evening and on episode 2. A little odd but great music. You are guaranteed to Shazam the tunes every 2 - 3 minutes

The big girl from the movie Dolemite steals the damn show

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GOLIATH on Amazon Prime binged it this past couple of nights, two episodes in season one to go.

Burnt out Jedi lawyer Billy McBride takes on the Dark Empire as personified by John Hurt who plays the evil emperor and McBrides nemesis Donald Cooperman. Corruption greed and evil arms dealers, the good whore whose puppies are straining to get out of the kennel, dish licking. An evil Sith DEA informant.

This is good, this is very good. Its well acted drama delivered by an excellent ensemble cast. The story develops at pace and its dark as hell it self. Watch it you should.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GOLIATH on Amazon Prime binged it this past couple of nights, two episodes in season one to go.

Burnt out Jedi lawyer Billy McBride takes on the Dark Empire as personified by John Hurt who plays the evil emperor and McBrides nemesis Donald Cooperman. Corruption greed and evil arms dealers, the good whore whose puppies are straining to get out of the kennel, dish licking. An evil Sith DEA informant.

This is good this is very good. Its well acted drama delivered by an excellent ensemble cast. The story develops at pace and its dark as hell it self. Watch it you should.

Season one is great. Season two is...very different. Less legal drama, more drama (although the rotten tomatoes score is actually higher).

Haven't seen 3 yet. Personally I hope it looks more like s1 than s2.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It'll leave you hoping s3 was more like s2. Just saying. Being familiar with the subject and setting makes it a little more interesting though. Devin Nunes country.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched the first episode Perpetual Grace. Very interesting. Has anyone else seen it?

Last edited:

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 episodes into Perpetual Grace, Ltd. It's funny, fairly original and wonderfully shot. So far I would highly recommend.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw it had both Diego Luna and Scoot McNairy (two actors I’ll watch in just about anything) but I couldn’t make it through the first episode. It’s just more of the same. I’m yearning for Netflix to make a different kind of show.

In other news, I caught seasons 3-4 of Better Call Saul recently. If you’ve only seen the first season or two, you’ll definitely want to finish it. Long stretches of Mike/Fring/Salamanca plot lines make it indistinguishable from Breaking Bad. (Not that the bits with Bob Odenkirk are bad, it was just a pleasant surprise).
Better Call Saul does a better job hitting the themes of Breaking Bad than Breaking Bad did. It’s so underrated.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Better Call Saul does a better job hitting the themes of Breaking Bad than Breaking Bad did. It’s so underrated.
What do you mean by that? (Like, I know what you mean, just asking you to show your work).

Also something I've been wondering about: would anyone classify Breaking Bad as part neo-Western? Like, lawless New Mexico is very much part of the show's plot. But not necessarily Lawless New Mexico. It has basically every element of westerns without the show tying all of them together. If that makes sense.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What do you mean by that? (Like, I know what you mean, just asking you to show your work).

Also something I've been wondering about: would anyone classify Breaking Bad as part neo-Western? Like, lawless New Mexico is very much part of the show's plot. But not necessarily Lawless New Mexico. It has basically every element of westerns without the show tying all of them together. If that makes sense.
The main theme, initial concept, and of course title of BB is that it's a good man's descent into criminality. There's good and evil in everybody, how does one or the other become dominant? But I think that show got caught up in its own success a little, and in the middle seasons it became more about the action/plot (and Walt's cleverness) than the character arc, culminating in the bombastic finale. BCS is much tighter in this respect, probably because we know where the main characters are headed, so it's not open-ended. The end of season 3 hit me harder than anything in BB, but maybe that's because it's been many years since I watched BB.

ETA: Relating to your 2nd paragraph, I guess I feel like BB became too much of a Western at times.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads