• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new Ken Burns Country Music series is also so far incredible.
Really enjoying this. Reminded me of a story an old friend of mine named Marshall Leicester told me about striking up a friendship and music relationship with a middleschool acquaintance named Jerry Garcia. He had run into him in Keplers bookstore in Palo Alto in the early 60s where Marsh showed him a fingerpicking technique called the Carter Scratch.

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really enjoying this. Reminded me of a story an old friend of mine named Marshall Leicester told me about striking up a friendship and music relationship with a middleschool acquaintance named Jerry Garcia. He had run into him in Keplers bookstore in Palo Alto in the early 60s where Marsh showed him a fingerpicking technique called the Carter Scratch.
Is that the guy named after the Ben and Jerry's ice cream?

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Finished ep 1 of this last night.

Good...nothing amazing. So far, this has been done before many times. The difference is that this is based on a true story and I have no idea how it will end. Looking fwd to the rest.

3.5/5 so far.

Ok.....finished up to ep 4 last night. Looking to finish the series later today.

I think I remember this case or I may have previously seen a true crime story on it. At about ep 1.5, I started to realize who they were looking for.
(Not a spoiler as the 2 main cops in the show clearly state that fact.)

I like Toni Collette so it is a plus having her in the show. Solid.....nothing groundbreaking especially since they clearly state "who" they are looking for.

I don't expect any surprises outside of who it actually is.

Still trending at 3.5/5.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You catch this? Save 1 episode, I liked it I saw it 4-5 times since it first came out. Pretty good IMO.
This one is in my queue. Will watch.

Ok.....finished up to ep 4 last night. Looking to finish the series later today.

I think I remember this case or I may have previously seen a true crime story on it. At about ep 1.5, I started to realize who they were looking for.
(Not a spoiler as the 2 main cops in the show clearly state that fact.)

I like Toni Collette so it is a plus having her in the show. Solid.....nothing groundbreaking especially since they clearly state "who" they are looking for.

I don't expect any surprises outside of who it actually is.

Still trending at 3.5/5.
Also in queue.

3.5/5 trending is pretty good from you.
What's the highest rating you have ever given?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's the highest rating you have ever given?
I have given 5's. I forget on what series. Or maybe it was a movie?

And Unbelievable may get bumped to a 4 based on the ending...which I will finish later tonight.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I saw this pop up on my Netflix screen today. Anyone catch it? 3 eps. I may start this after Unbelievable.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I started watching "Queen of the South" mainly because I like Arturo Pérez-Reverte books a lot.

Pretty good (in that: much better than "Money Heist"), good script/acting (Braga family = good genes + the others)/story/production/tightness), so far.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I saw this pop up on my Netflix screen today. Anyone catch it? 3 eps. I may start this after Unbelievable.
I watched the first 3 episodes (Criminal UK; there are also "Criminal Spain, Criminal France, and Criminal Germany of 3 independent episodes each) and it is very good. Best tv series I have seen in a while.

David Tennant (Lead DI Hardy from Broadchurch) is good as usual in Episode 1 (as a criminal), and the rest of the cast is excellent. One of the detectives (Lee Ingleby as DS Tony Myerscough) reminds me a bit, physically and as an actor, as the best, more subdued Gary Oldman when Oldman was younger.

This is story-based only, as it all takes place only in 2 adjoining interrogation rooms, so no "action", all cerebral, all painted very well and convincingly. Definitely recommend after episodes 1-3 of 12.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I watched the first 3 episodes (Criminal UK; there are also "Criminal Spain, Criminal France, and Criminal Germany of 3 independent episodes each) and it is very good. Best tv series I have seen in a while.

David Tennant (Lead DI Hardy from Broadchurch) is good as usual in Episode 1 (as a criminal), and the rest of the cast is excellent. One of the detectives (Lee Ingleby as DS Tony Myerscough) reminds me a bit, physically and as an actor, as the best, more subdued Gary Oldman when Oldman was younger.

This is story-based only, as it all takes place only in 2 adjoining interrogation rooms, so no "action", all cerebral, all painted very well and convincingly. Definitely recommend after episodes 1-3 of 12.
Good to known.

Love Tennant. I still haven’t finished Unbelievable. Will get to that’s this wknd and then Criminal.

I did see that the were other version so based on different countries.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I finished Unbelievable. A solid 3.5-4/5. Good acting all around. Good plot as much as a real life mystery can have a plot. Limited suspense, but that didn’t take much away from the series. Def worth a watch.

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good Omens, which l liked a lot, is worthwhile for Tennant alone.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.