• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First I've heard of it. Is it a series or miniseries? Would be much more interested if it's a miniseries.
Miniseries- 8 episodes. With how much my TV viewing has dropped off lately, that's a big plus for me.

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new season of Succession has been very entertaining. Last season felt more like a soap opera. The dialogue is snappy but often tries too hard.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Binged the second season of Mindhunter over a day and a night. Had its moments, the Charlie Manson interview was off the wall. But...I found it lacking something which the first season possessed but sadly has failed to translate in terms of the writing for the second season.

rbalexandrite

Reaction score
Started watching Money Heist this week.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Binged the second season of Mindhunter over a day and a night. Had its moments, the Charlie Manson interview was off the wall. But...I found it lacking something which the first season possessed but sadly has failed to translate in terms of the writing for the second season.

Binge watched season 2 on Sunday. I remember the news tagline "It's {insert time} Do you know where your children are?" but never knew it started because of the Atlanta child killings. Actually I was totally clueless about those killings in general. Maybe it's news used to be more regional, maybe it's because I was just too young

Last edited:

walkinginplace

Reaction score
Finally getting around to Handmaid's Tale. It has so much potential, but only kinda reaches it. 6.5/10 through the first episode of Season Two.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new season of Succession has been very entertaining. Last season felt more like a soap opera. The dialogue is snappy but often tries too hard.

I'm digging it. I'm invested in the characters so I'm all in. I like all their performances. Kendall is the only one I have trouble with. He's believable but there's just something about him I find disconcerting, maybe it's the trying too hard thing. Well written, well acted and compelling subject matter. It's a 8.5/10 IMO.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Binge watched season 2 on Sunday. I remember the news tagline "It's {insert time} Do you know where your children are?" but never knew it started because of the Atlanta child killings. Actually I was totally clueless about those killings in general. Maybe it's news used to be more regional, maybe it's because I was just too young
I remember all those guys. I live in Ed Kemper's home town. One of my old ski buddies was a prison nurse and ex rock and roll musician he knew Manson and Phil Spector fairly well.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I remember all those guys. I live in Ed Kemper's home town. One of my old ski buddies was a prison nurse and ex rock and roll musician he knew Manson and Phil Spector fairly well.

giphy.gif

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shiv/Shivan has an excellent derriere. Kendall is hilarious because he clearly has shell-shock from being fucked with by his dad his whole life. I don't think there are any characters I dislike - don't get me wrong they're all terrible people but obviously designed as such, though I'm somewhat ambivalent about the stepmom since she's so mysterious (as designed).

I'm digging it. I'm invested in the characters so I'm all in. I like all their performances. Kendall is the only one I have trouble with. He's believable but there's just something about him I find disconcerting, maybe it's the trying too hard thing. Well written, well acted and compelling subject matter. It's a 8.5/10 IMO.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Been watching The West Wing for the first time (other than clips/random episodes I may have seen).

Pretty amazing how relevant it still is today. There was even a bit in S1 where the president hadn't yet been invited to give the state of the union address--was Nancy Pelosi watching re-runs when she made that threat?
Curious to see how they handle 9/11.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was bored last night and skimmed through all 75 pages of this thread. Some recs that I need to watch.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shiv/Shivan has an excellent derriere. Kendall is hilarious because he clearly has shell-shock from being fucked with by his dad his whole life. I don't think there are any characters I dislike - don't get me wrong they're all terrible people but obviously designed as such, though I'm somewhat ambivalent about the stepmom since she's so mysterious (as designed).

Well said. Also love the deviousness of cousin Greg and the younger brother Roman is fantastic in that role. Siobhan is amazingly sexy, I'd never seen her before and she is killing that role. I watched season 1 just before this one started and I'm hating waiting a week between episodes. HBO, let us binge!!

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been watching The West Wing for the first time (other than clips/random episodes I may have seen).

Pretty amazing how relevant it still is today. There was even a bit in S1 where the president hadn't yet been invited to give the state of the union address--was Nancy Pelosi watching re-runs when she made that threat?
Curious to see how they handle 9/11.
Which reminds me:
who else found the last season of 'House of Cards' to be the worst shite ever? Even the shark was shocked, saying, "Why is shite jumping me like that???"....
Gawd.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads