• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the lead actresses mixed up: Bodyguard & Dr Foster. 2 different women. I knew that!
Well, thanks for nothing after all that!!! :colgate:

(Will still watch both series.)

Last edited:

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dislike most of Refn's stuff, but after reading that write-up and watching the trailer at the end, I actually want to see this.
I cannot stand Refn anymore.
He has become Pretentiousness Personified.

After drowsing through "My Life Directed By Nicholas Winding Refn" (he must be a genius because no normal person could ever survive such creative angst) with Ryan Gosling broodily, silently coo-cooing his baby (Refn's and his wife's, I mean, not Refn's and Gosling's, afaik) down to the patented Ryan Gosling brooding, silent coo-cooing look...no, never again.

From that review linked above:
"...episodes four and five screened at Cannes as if they were a single film. When questioned on why those two episodes were chosen, Refn explained that Too Old to Die Young could be watched in any order. Which is, in itself revolutionary, and speaks to the show’s unique sensibilities..."

"Revolutionary"? :puzzled:
These guys, Refn and the writer of that review, need to read Italo Calvino's "If on a Winter's Night a Traveler" (originally published June 2, 1979, for reference) or any number of Borges stories, etc., etc. for the whole circular/random order theme/thing.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Is there any doubt that this is the best spinoff in TV history?
This thing needs the limited run spinoff/reboot that is rumored to be in talks.

All of the main actors are still alive and actively working except for John Mahoney. Frasier's son is even still acting (was on Mad Men).

Van Veen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thing needs the limited run spinoff/reboot that is rumored to be in talks.

All of the main actors are still alive and actively working except for John Mahoney. Frasier's son is even still acting (was on Mad Men).
MOOSE AND ENZO ARE NOT STILL ALIVE!

Van Veen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could imagine them doing a reunion centered around Martin’s funeral, though that might be a little cliche.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could imagine them doing a reunion centered around Martin’s funeral, though that might be a little cliche.
But, excellent "flashback potential" of the whole secret life that no one knew about, and that Frasier now has to reconcile, which is: Martin was schtuppin' Coco Chanel for a while there. Make-up can work miracles.

Van Veen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since the death of Al Bean I’ve been rewatching one of my favorite miniseries, From the Earth to the Moon. I only wish it were made a few years later so it could have been HD. (The effects are excellent for the time.) I’m holding out hope that they remaster it for the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11 next year.
WOOOOOOOO!!!!

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.