• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S05 of Orange Is The New Black was one of the better seasons! Enjoyed it quite a bit.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Season 1 of Fortitude is nuts. Not what I expected to say the least.

Also, I don't think it is a spoiler to say that the story is not self-contained in season 1. I had figured it was, as most of these non-USA crime dramas are, and though I had seen that there is also a Season 2, I assumed it would be a new "case"

Oh well, Season 2 here I come! I just hope it doesn't play out like an american series where they are going to run this thing down for 5 seasons of decreasing quality before providing an unsatisfactory "We were just making it up as we went" conclusion (or getting cancelled without a conclusion).

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked Season 1 of Fortitude. Parts of it kind of annoyed me but great show. Haven't started season 2.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree that there were parts that were kind of annoying/frustrating, but it was a pretty good original story.

I may have to retract my statement about it not being self-contained. After watching the first episode of Season 2 (or really, like the first 10 minutes of it), it looks more like it was a wrapped up story...I just didn't get a feeling of finality from it.

Seems like season 2 is starting pretty fresh, and while it definitely has callbacks to the original story, it appears to pick up a fair amount of time after S1 ended.

I guess dragging the carcass out while blowing a flamethrower at it (and then burning down ronnie's house) was sufficient to get rid of all of the wasps in town and clear up the epidemic enough to return to life-as-usual...(put the flamethrower scene into the "things that annoyed me" bucket). Maybe the wasps couldn't deal with the cold outdoor temps...people only got infected indoors...something like that...

Maybe that's all closely related to the new storyline (we do see that scientist lady saved a wasp), but I guess I wasn't expecting the specter of the outbreak to feel so distant.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Better Call Saul is eclipsing Breaking Bad.
Agreed. I thoroughly enjoyed Breaking Bad, but Better Call Saul even more so. It's lovely to see a spin-off so great and still going strong in its third season. I'm sure I'll revisit Breaking Bad once Better Call Saul has come to an end.

What do you guys think of American Gods btw? Still have to watch episode 7 and 8, but it was definitely intriguing so far (had one or two slow episodes in between though).

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatshername just got me into watching The Fall over the past week

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scully?

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of American Gods btw? Still have to watch episode 7 and 8, but it was definitely intriguing so far (had one or two slow episodes in between though).
The rest of the season was pretty great too. Y'all should definitely check it out, especially because it's quite unique.

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been a disappointing year for quite a few of the shows I like. Veep and Silicon Valley are both starting to feel a bit tired and aimless and Season 3 of Fargo fell a long ways short of the first two seasons. Master of None & Better Call Saul were both superb. Anyone catch The Young Pope? I thought it was one of the most interesting things I've ever seen on TV.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
412oSkSZXKL._SX522_.jpg

Finished season 1 of this via Amazon. Not sure how I feel about this. There are other versions of this show(The Bridge is one.)

It isn't Broadchurch but they tried. VERY complex plot. Lead actors are solid. Even the supporting cast is good. The plot is what made me not like this as much as I wanted to. Just too much going on.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic after the Veep finale. I'm worried they're just going to retread old material a la Silicon Valley, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads