1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Piobaire, Jun 2, 2014.

1. SirReveller

SirReveller Senior member

Yeah I've gotten a few Vikings recos over the years but never pulled the trigger.

After even more Billions recos I spun a few this weekend. Meh. Pretty amusing. Typical Showtime cheese.
    At least it has Paul Giamatti as a sub/dom fetish kink.
    [​IMG]

2. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I think the kinky shit in billions is stupid and cheesy attempt to insert sex into the show.

Just started watching One Punch Man on Netflix. What an amusing, ridiculous show.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  3. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Research the actual history on those characters and it's pretty interesting. It also tells you how the show must end.

4. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

I hadn't realized that they were historical characters. I think my problem with the brothers' relationship is that it's not very well sketched out. One minute Rollo is totally loyal to Ragnar and steps up to defend/ protect him when he has a chance to take over, and then the next, seemingly out of nowhere, he's scheming against him. I just don't get it--I don't see any motivation there other than the lamely sketched out "Rollo doesn't want to be second fiddle to Ragnar." I guess it's more of a problem with the narrative, for me. By the end of the season I was rolling my eyes thinking "WTF--AGAIN?!?!" with Rollo's shenanigans.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  5. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Yeah, that got annoying. I also don't like how the Ragnar actor talks.

Lagertha though? :inlove:

1 person likes this.
  6. otc

otc Senior member

crushing Lark Rise to Candleford

7. romafan

romafan Senior member

Gomorrah season 2 starts tomorrow on Sundance (not sure if that counts as streaming? :confused:)

Numbernine likes this.
  8. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member