• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife wanted to watch Fallout, so I rewatched it with her. Enjoyed it nearly as much the second time around, and I've gotta say- they really stuck the landing on the last episode.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Boys new season does not disappoint. I had to rewatch the last two episodes of the previous season because I couldn't remember anything. I'm an episode in and am mesmerized by the violence. Like Fallout (which was also shockingly gore-filled), both shows seem to make it an essential part of the story. It's cartoonish but distressing at the same time. If you enjoy the series, the new season is just as appalling and shocking and the story is strikingly relevant, gripping and satisfying.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Boys new season does not disappoint. I had to rewatch the last two episodes of the previous season because I couldn't remember anything. I'm an episode in and am mesmerized by the violence. Like Fallout (which was also shockingly gore-filled), both shows seem to make it an essential part of the story. It's cartoonish but distressing at the same time. If you enjoy the series, the new season is just as appalling and shocking and the story is strikingly relevant, gripping and satisfying.
Head popper girl getting the email attachment from Billy is classic "The Boys"

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Head popper girl getting the email attachment from Billy is classic "The Boys"
I howled! Her reaction face was so perfect! The writer who thought of that, then figured out how to organically work it into a scene is a genius. He'd fit in well around here.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finished Season 2 of Black Sails.

Really enjoyed it. S1 was a bit slow to develop and didn't pull me in enough to get me to consistently watch it, but S2 was good the whole way through and had some nice redirects away from the obvious plot
E.g. the new pirate captain you might have thought was being set up to be a new "big bad" getting easily taken out by Vane before he even has a chance to meet Flint and interfere with his plans.

Really enjoyed the flashback sequences to the British admiralty times. Makes me really wish we could see a Master and Commander TV series. There are still rumors of a prequel to the Russel Crowe movie being made, but I think a big-budget TV series would be a better format.

Could still have plenty of ship to ship combat, but maybe a little more political intrigue and espionage rather than just pirates and prostitutes.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Netflix algorithm thought I would like this, and it was not entirely wrong
1000001952.jpg

It's one of those post-John Wick highly organized criminal underworld shows, and the protagonist starts out wanting to find out who murdered her parents and ends up getting very deep into bad things with bad people.

It started solidly, and I'm willing to suspend a lot of disbelief with this sort of show, but it kinda got sloppy. The seventh episode in particular was full of illogical crap. Still, not bad overall. And the soundtrack was unexpectedly excellent.

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
I started a re-watch of The Night Manager last night, got through two episodes. my original viewing was long enough ago that I have vague or no recollection of some of the detail and I had forgotten how well done it is. Also, I don't remember it seeming such a blatant homage to Bond--esp the opening credits and theme music. I'd say 'rip off' but I don't mean it that pejoratively.

One funny thing, Olivia Colman is pregnant in the first episode--no mention of it, but you can see it. Second episode, "Four Years Later." She's still pregnant. Pine asks her if she has family and she touches her belly and says 'first and last.'

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finished Season 2 of Black Sails.

Really enjoyed it. S1 was a bit slow to develop and didn't pull me in enough to get me to consistently watch it, but S2 was good the whole way through and had some nice redirects away from the obvious plot
E.g. the new pirate captain you might have thought was being set up to be a new "big bad" getting easily taken out by Vane before he even has a chance to meet Flint and interfere with his plans.

Really enjoyed the flashback sequences to the British admiralty times. Makes me really wish we could see a Master and Commander TV series. There are still rumors of a prequel to the Russel Crowe movie being made, but I think a big-budget TV series would be a better format.

Could still have plenty of ship to ship combat, but maybe a little more political intrigue and espionage rather than just pirates and prostitutes.

Good to know...
I'm about halfway thru season 1, and have been ignoring it for a bit.
This was my POV when I first watched. It's not easily a top-5 all time favorite for me.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched Bodkin on Netflix
1000001977.jpg

Will Forte is a podcaster who goes to a small town in Ireland to do a show on the disappearance of three people 20 years ago. It's not bad. Siobhan Cullen, rightfully the main focus of the above image, is fun as an investigative journalist from The Guardian who is an utter trainwreck of a person. Also pretty enjoyable is David Wilmot, as a local fisherman who befriends Forte's podcaster. Though it took a couple of episodes before I managed to separate him in my head from his character, Clark Thompson, in Station Eleven, which is a truly magnificent show.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhondabishop817