• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was she a poophole loophole type or jump humping prude?
Nah....Jack Mormon kind of means "in name only".
Super fun normal girl, one of the absolute favorites I ever dated. No loopholes needed.
After the engagement was announced, she was dragged to Idaho for a family reunion, and came back all indoctrinated. I suspect electric shock treatment was involved.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was fairly disappointed in the last episode of “Dark Winds”. It was a good show that ended flat.

“Better Call Saul” is great

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This looks so ******* good

Here's also Neil Gaiman breaking down the trailer with all kinds of great tidbits and notes on the show overall

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm like 75% of the way through The Bear and it is great. I have 2 problems though.

1. wtf kind of high volume beef place like that bakes their own bread daily (especially *before* trying to class the place up)? Italian beef in Chicago comes on Turano bread. @brokencycle knows what I am talking about.
2. They try to make River North look like the seedy underbelly of the city. River North is literally home to the "magnificent mile" of Michigan Ave., all of the trendy highrise hotels, clubs, touristy restaurants, etc. Why didn't they just name another neighborhood that was more fitting? Its not like they have wide sweeping shots of river north (because if they did, people would wonder why what is portrayed as a working class neighborhood with local boys hanging out on the corner is filled with glass skyscrapers).

edit: and yes, they use an actual beef shop in River North to film it (Mr. Beef), but it doesn't fit the story at all (e.g. the real Mr. Beef is purely a lunch spot except for serving drunks on Friday/Saturday late-night...because that's what the office workers and tourists of River North will buy. Nobody is going to that neighborhood for an Italian Beef sandwich at 7:30PM on a Tuesday.

Last edited:

brokencycle

Reaction score
I'm like 75% of the way through The Bear and it is great. I have 2 problems though.

1. wtf kind of high volume beef place like that bakes their own bread daily (especially *before* trying to class the place up)? Italian beef in Chicago comes on Turano bread. @brokencycle knows what I am talking about.
2. They try to make River North look like the seedy underbelly of the city. River North is literally home to the "magnificent mile" of Michigan Ave., all of the trendy highrise hotels, clubs, touristy restaurants, etc. Why didn't they just name another neighborhood that was more fitting? Its not like they have wide sweeping shots of river north (because if they did, people would wonder why what is portrayed as a working class neighborhood with local boys hanging out on the corner is filled with glass skyscrapers).

edit: and yes, they use an actual beef shop in River North to film it (Mr. Beef), but it doesn't fit the story at all (e.g. the real Mr. Beef is purely a lunch spot except for serving drunks on Friday/Saturday late-night...because that's what the office workers and tourists of River North will buy. Nobody is going to that neighborhood for an Italian Beef sandwich at 7:30PM on a Tuesday.

I don't know what show you are talking about, but my suspension of disbelief is already broken.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've never seen such a wide disparity on RT between critics and fans - What did they do to piss off the entire fanbase?

1658796897627.png

1658796910718.png

Last edited:

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She’s the first female Dr. Who I assume? Probably the same losers who review bomb everything they see as “woke”, like The Last of Us 2 on PlayStation.

She's is OK, not a classic Doctor though

I think each generation of "kids" has a favourite classic Doctor Who.

For me it's Tom Baker, but I can understand why David Tennant was popular, he's a funny bloke and didn't take it too seriously, hard act to follow?

Really good ones only emerge (regenerate) occasionally, there have been some pretty dull versions over the 50 years I've watched it to be honest.

Oh, and they have to have a distinctive style of their own, they can't be too "in tune"with regular humans/politics/zeitgeist (I think I am using that word correctly)

The Doctor is a weird time travelling alien, being compassionate to Daleks doesn't really work 😂

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads