• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been watching too...
It's just sooooo slow. I like the premise, and I'm trying to stick with it.
The pace is picking up by episode 3

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
I’m halfway through Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix - I wish they were both on the same service so they could have crossovers like in the books.

There has to be an interesting story about why Bosch is on AMZ and LL is on Netflix, with Connelly deeply involved in both...

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
It's very good. Killing me waiting a week between episodes. I should have waited but it's compelling especially given that it's a true story.
Re: We Own This City. Yeah, really wish I'd have waited as well. Took me at least a full episode to understand the flashback device of the watch sheet (or whatever it's called) --and they don't even always do that. So much goes on in such a disjointed manner it's hard to keep straight. Weekly episodes makes it even harder. But, good show.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Re: We Own This City. Yeah, really wish I'd have waited as well. Took me at least a full episode to understand the flashback device of the watch sheet (or whatever it's called) --and they don't even always do that. So much goes on in such a disjointed manner it's hard to keep straight. Weekly episodes makes it even harder. But, good show.
Yeah the plot is muddy as hell. Sometimes in a good way. Oftentimes not.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I admire waiting a week. Keeps the show from being digested and forgotten in a weekend - especially given the subject matter. Once thing I'll say about the show is it can get a bit preachy which I recall from Season 5 of The Wire. I prefer when a show/movie lets natural seeming dialogue/events direct the viewer - probably wishful thinking since this is a miniseries so has limited time.

Reactions: otc

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I admire waiting a week. Keeps the show from being digested and forgotten in a weekend - especially given the subject matter. Once thing I'll say about the show is it can get a bit preachy which I recall from Season 5 of The Wire. I prefer when a show/movie lets natural seeming dialogue/events direct the viewer - probably wishful thinking since this is a miniseries so has limited time.
Every time I see the title, the worst song ever made ever, by Jefferson Starship pops into my head and it's awful...

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Season 5 of the Wire wasn't about being preachy it was about David Simon score settling with his old employer.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's funny---for the first time in a while, almost everything I am watching is on episodic release.

Better Call Saul
Survivor
The Flight Attendant
Bosch
We Own This City
(although the first two are over this week)

I feel like I'm also forgetting something--maybe something else that recently ended (like Severance)?

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's funny---for the first time in a while, almost everything I am watching is on episodic release.

Better Call Saul
Survivor
The Flight Attendant
Bosch
We Own This City

I feel like I'm also forgetting something--maybe something else that recently ended (like Severance)?
Better Call Saul is just on a short mid season break, not over quite yet. Second half of the final season starts in July and runs through August.

How is this season of the flight attendant? Enjoyed season 1, have not started season 2 yet.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Every time I see the title, the worst song ever made ever, by Jefferson Starship pops into my head and it's awful...
Yikes. My condolences. That song is a crime against humanity.

(And now I'm doing it, you fucking asshole...)

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score

Better Call Saul
Survivor
The Flight Attendant
Bosch
We Own This City

Slow Horses dropped weekly. Interestingly (maybe not) I think of 'episodic' as self-contained stories per episode, like Law and Order, as opposed to something like BCS or Bosch or Ozark where each season is essentially a 10 or 12 episode story arc, no matter if they drop weekly or all at once.

That said, it almost seems like the worm is turning back to weekly releases. Bosch Legacy (two at a time) was a little strange, really. Also, Bosch and BSC are the only two shows I've seen in quite a while with commercials.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The mid season finale of Better Call Saul, holy sh1t!

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Commercials? What are those?

🏴‍☠️
Media archeologists describe them as persuasive devices aimed to engage desire and part you with your money which in return gave you something you never really needed….used to very popular in the 20th Century.

Featured Sponsor

Where do you usually take inspiration for your style? Choose up to 3 answers

• Styleforum & other menswear forums

• Instagram

• TikTok

• Reddit

• Fashion Magazines

• Fashion Blogs

• Friends & Acquaintances

• Celebrities/influencers

• TV Shows & Movies

Results are only viewable after voting.