• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife watched this one and liked it. The only part I saw was when I walked in during a sex scene and my wife said she was not watching soft-core.
I know you were disappointed when she said this

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sex Lives of College Girls (HBO max)

One of those shows where I desperately wanted more when the season ended.
Also could be said about you when you graduated. Except instead of "more" you said "any".

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also could be said about you when you graduated. Except instead of "more" you said "any".

Nah, I went to a school full of total nerds, so it worked out OK for me.

For real though, I found this show hilarious.
Definintely contrasts with @venividivicibj's observations about the casting in those 2000s shows though...but on the other hand it is an HBO show rather than a CW or Fox show so they can actually show nudity and say and do whatever they want.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also really enjoyed SLOCG. Solid cast, well written, and interesting characters. It'll be fun to see where things go in season 2.

Reactions: otc

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished the season final for Hawkeye. Overall, great stuff. My one big complaint

Was how they handled Kingpin. As stoked as I was to see the version of him from Daredevil appear in the MCU, he didn't feel right. Like they Marvelized his characterization. Felt a little too campy and over the top? Not the threat from the DD Netflix show.

I'm sure he's not really dead, so this is something they can correct in the future.
Pretty much my reaction, too. And speaking of which,
when did Kingpin get superpowers? He ripped the door off that Mercedes with his bare hands, seemed just fine after getting hit by a car, shrugged off an arrow to the chest, and wasn't too badly injured after getting blown up. He's harder to kill than Rasputin.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's Cobra Kai day! :slayer:

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really hope they focus on Daniel-san and high school bully this time rather than the ever-escalating teen ridiculousness.

But I’m stoked.

Someone said Kingpin was just a *really big strong fat guy* with possibly a dose of hidden/undiagnosed mutant strength.

Sounds maybe accurate.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a huge Renner fan, but he does a good job at playing a cranky dad and setting up Steinfeld for the funnier bits.

Some of the secondary characters are good, too (at least one is getting a spin off show). I wouldn't say it's the best MCU TV show, but it's an easygoing watch, especially with only six episodes, each only about 40 minutes long.
So I'm two episodes in, and so far it's enjoyable.
The LARPing sequence is pretty funny.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kinda wish they had gone for seven episodes. The last one is about 60 minutes long and it still felt rushed. Another episode to give some storylines more time to resolve would've been good.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stay_Close_Poster.jpg

Started this on Sunday. Not sure if I should continue.

Not sure what to say except it focuses on a set of people who have a hidden past...or can't get go of something in the past.

Didn't complete ep 1. Worth it?

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched the penultimate episode of The Expanse. I've gotta say, the pacing of the season so far doesn't seem any different than previous seasons. It feels like we should have another 4-5 episodes, not just one. I don't see how they're going to wrap everything up satisfactorily, even if the last episode is supposed to be something like 75 minutes long.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
guess this doesn't count as a series, but also not a movie.

1641660483693.png

it was good, but definitely one of those things I wish I saw live. felt like it needed total immersion and total buy-in, and I just wasn't quite there (despite forcing myself to put my devices down for 90 minutes). it comes off as a bit pretentious & melodramatic if you're not completely immersed.

I also couldn't help but have Nightmare Alley in the back of my mind during some of this...

maybe I'm just too cynical.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watched the penultimate episode of The Expanse. I've gotta say, the pacing of the season so far doesn't seem any different than previous seasons. It feels like we should have another 4-5 episodes, not just one. I don't see how they're going to wrap everything up satisfactorily, even if the last episode is supposed to be something like 75 minutes long.
My beef is with a 6 episode final season, why are they spending so much time with the girl and magic dogs on Laconia?
Seems really late in the game to spend that much screen time on new characters.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless they're setting up for a new Laconia series?

But yeah, some of the choices don't make a lot of sense to me. The X-Ray bonus content is cool, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads