• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I started watching this; I'm three episodes in and it's damn good. Story is good, voice work is excellent and yeah, the animation is phenomenal. I have zero knowledge of the game, so that's not a barrier to entry for anyone wondering.
I'll even go a step further and say I have just enough knowledge of the game to tell you I have absolutely zero interest in the game... But I still liked the show.

I also like that both shows are going with staggered releases rather than a single binge drop... Gives it time to digest and also let's you read about it on the internet a bit without spoilers (although WoT obviously has book spoilers...). When something like stranger things drops a season, there are no theories. You just binge it until you are done and don't talk to anyone about it until you have finished it...

Reaction score
Ep1 of Se2 of Tiger King somehow manages to match the craziness of ep1 se1.

But I'm now at the point where its just so prurient that I don't know. It's tough to watch because of craziness, I don't know.
I made it through 1.5 eps and decided it was just a rehash of whatever footage got cut last year plus a Trump appeal. Lost interest.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I had this in my queue since it was released. Someone I know caught it and said that I should watch. I was under the impression that it was a comedy. Negative. I started last night and just finished the last episode here at work.

K Hart plays a big time comic navigating the Hollywood scene + a wife(and son) about to divorce him, a team trying to keep things together and an older brother(W Snipes) who leaches onto him(failed car wash, failed restaurant, etc.)

When the team heads to Philadelphia for some shows.....$hit goes down. Murder(s), gangsters, lies and deceit.

This is Hart and Snipes in serious roles. Very easy watch.

3.9/5.

I figured out what was going to happen during the first ep. I am sure most of you will also. The ending was a letdown...but still a solid watch.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had this in my queue since it was released. Someone I know caught it and said that I should watch. I was under the impression that it was a comedy. Negative. I started last night and just finished the last episode here at work.

K Hart plays a big time comic navigating the Hollywood scene + a wife(and son) about to divorce him, a team trying to keep things together and an older brother(W Snipes) who leaches onto him(failed car wash, failed restaurant, etc.)

When the team heads to Philadelphia for some shows.....$hit goes down. Murder(s), gangsters, lies and deceit.

This is Hart and Snipes in serious roles. Very easy watch.

3.9/5.

I figured out what was going to happen during the first ep. I am sure most of you will also. The ending was a letdown...but still a solid watch.
Had no idea it wasn't a Kevin Hart comedy. Now I'll give it a shot.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Had no idea it wasn't a Kevin Hart comedy. Now I'll give it a shot.
Same.
Unless my friend mentioned it yesterday, it probably would have sat in my queue.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I like Foundation on Apple TV. They clearly have a big budget. However, the creator wants to do 8 seasons, 10 episodes each. I don’t think sci-fi political show will capture audiences like GoT, so I have my doubts it’ll have lasting power.
It’s pretty decent overall but emo Cleon is annoying AF.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Line of Duty..British cops and robbers with Machiavellian plot twists and turns. Did an intense five season binge out on 30 episodes over a month.

I think Shakespeare must be in the water they drink, none of the episodes dragged on but the when they came down to the line it proved once again that British drama still can take the gold star.
good show. Take a shot every time they say “bent coppers” and you wind up in the emergency room before the end of the episode.

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for mentioning Alex Rider- it was one that looked interesting, but for whatever reason, I never got around to watching it. This was enough to put it back on my radar. Now I'm three episodes into S1 and it's pretty good.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Own a Fountain Pen?

• I own one but I hardly ever use it

• I own multiple ones but I always use the same ol' BIC

• Yes, and I use it often

• Yes, I collect them

• Ballpoint is the way

Results are only viewable after voting.