1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Piobaire, Jun 2, 2014.

1. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

I didn't know anything and started with eccleston. It took a couple of tries to get going on the first episode or so but I ended up liking it.

2. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Catching up on dat last season of Mad Men. Better than I expected so far, but since I was losing interest in the series, my expectations were pretty low. Have to wait to watch the last half of the season with my wife.

'bout to start up on dat Mr. Robot, though.

1 person likes this.
  3. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

The last episode is fantastic. I've probably watched it about 8 times by now. I've always been a fanboy though.

2 people like this.
  4. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

Was actually disappointed with the ending of Mr. Robot, but it seemed to have been received well for the most part so YMMV.

There is a new Netflix show by Judd Apatow called "Love" that is very fresh and laugh out loud funny. Also the streaming in 4K doesn't hurt. Easily binge-able Highly recommended.

1 person likes this.
  5. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

New season of Vikings started. It's been one of my favorites since season 1. More interesting than GoT for me. And it's on history channel!

1 person likes this.
  6. Nil

Nil Senior member

I had the same experience. Someone recommended the Eccleston season to me.

I can't imagine why someone would think that idiotic mannequin episode would be a good way to introduce someone to Doctor Who.

1 person likes this.
  7. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

It's because they either are big fans of Eccleston's Doctor or feel the modern version of Doctor Who should be watched "in order." I see this line of thinking as a fallacy. The show was originally created over 50 years ago and has had many different runs. Doctor Who is the closest thing tv has to comic books. A fictional narrative that is perpetual and has seen many highs and lows. When someone is recommended to read a comic they are pointed in the direction of certain runs that stand out as the best of the best featuring the character. It doesn't matter when they came out or what order they were released. That's the correct way to point someone to begin watching Who.

8. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Just started watching The Heavy Water Wars. Very good. Unfortunate I only discovered it on a weeknight. Starting episode 4 against my better judgement.

9. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

All this talk of the Eccleston run being a terrible starting point kinda makes me want to watch an episode or two, then jump to the Smith years, just to compare the accessibility.

10. b1os

b1os Senior member

Kinda slow, not that many "lol"-moments, but good overall. Just watched e05 which was by far the funniest so far.

Better Call Saul is still dope. Good first two episodes.

1 person likes this.
  11. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

The first Eccleston episode is truly some of the worst television I have ever seen. It was so memorable just because of that.

1 person likes this.
  12. grundletaint

Home sick and watching the man in high castle. Pretty good, if a little cheesy at times.

13. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

11.22.63 on Hulu? I read the book a few years ago and loved it (Stephen King). Signed up for a free trial to watch the first couple of episodes. So far so good.

14. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Just started watching Portlandia a couple weeks ago and so far really like it. Believe I am in season 3 at the moment. Like any sketch show there are misses, but overall i'm finding it very well done and funny.

15. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Watch the last 3 episodes with my wife today. The last season really hit it out of the park.

16. mc2k

mc2k Well-Known Member

Currently binge-watching the last season of Peaky Blinders, and keenly looking forward to the return of House of Cards on March 4.[​IMG]

17. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I wanted to like it but couldn't get past ep 2. Maybe I should give it another chance.

18. grundletaint

Meh it really isn't that great. I probably won't watch the next season. It had potential based on the general premise then I found out it's based on a book and the book isn't really about anything and I don't see it being a satisfactory series.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  19. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

Pretty much the same here. After about the third try at finishing ep 2, I just gave up.

20. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Working through season 4 of House of Cards now. So many plot holes. Seems like the writers have gotten pretty lazy