• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed the comic book but found ep. 1 of this just felt like generic apocalypse pr0n.
I wasn't totally in love with the first episode.
I think it happens a lot with story establishment so I try to go a few episodes deep before I cut the cord.
Let me say that sticking around for the man hating tribe of naked women was kind of worth it...

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I enjoyed the comic book but found ep. 1 of this just felt like generic apocalypse

I have to echo mhip here…

I agree the first episode just felt like a generic Walking Dead retread. The second and third were OK, but almost entirely devoted to fleshing out the secondary characters who got short shrift in the comic. I wondered if they just hated the source material or were overly concerned with righting its perceived wrongs.

Thankfully, things even out, and there’s a pretty engaging, but fuller account of the comic, and they made Yorick less annoying to boot.

Ironically, my main beef with the comic at the time was that the dialogue was too sitcom/TV like. Now that it’s on TV, the dialogue’s a bit better. (Or more realistic).

I’m pretty excited to see where it goes. I like the 355 actress a lot. (And Diane Lane, my wife’s sworn enemy since learning of my huge Outsiders-based crush on her back in the day.)

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Chestnut Man: 6 part high quality Scandi Noir on Netflix. Drags you in and unfolds at an active narrative pace then throws a ultimate twist as it moves forward. Be interesting to see if they come back with a second series.

Highly Recommended

Reactions: otc

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Chestnut Man: 6 part high quality Scandi Noir on Netflix. Drags you in and unfolds at an active narrative pace then throws a ultimate twist as it moves forward. Be interesting to see if they come back with a second series.

Highly Recommended

In my queue. Will give it a go this weekend based on this review.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Highly Recommended
I'm interested

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had to jump on the bandwagon along with everyone else and gave Squidbillies a shot. Hilarious.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I had to jump on the bandwagon along with everyone else and gave Squidbillies a shot. Hilarious.
Yeah I did it too. Didn't love it as much as the internet told me I would, but basically enjoyed.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I've been enjoying Impeachment: American Crime Story so far.

I was too young to really know the politics behind it (I was more of the "haha *******" age) so watching it play out has been fascinating.

Also, Linda Tripp...god damn. I was happy this past episode when some lawyer tossed out a throwaway line like "It's a good thing there are tapes...because a jury would *hate* her".
Thanks Beavis and yeah, everyone needs a friend like Linda Tripp.

I may take a look at this. Netflix?

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Midnight Mass - painfully slow and way too much exposition. Could’ve been a tight 4-5 episodes rather than 7. The Haunting of Hill House was his best series so far and they’ve been worse each time now.

Evil - Really enjoyable on Paramount Plus. Ir leaves unanswered questions a lot for the viewer to make.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So wait…you’re saying there’s a new series from the Hill House dude?

Surely, though slow, it’s worth watching ?

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So wait…you’re saying there’s a new series from the Hill House dude?

Surely, though slow, it’s worth watching ?
He did Bly Manor and now Midnight Mass. They’re both slogs and neither is particularly scary. Hill House was significantly better than both. The first 3 episodes of Midnight Mass were good and then it fell of a cliff. Way too much useless dialogue and monologues. Both stories are great, but the shows are too long.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads