• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really liked Rescue Me and it has some really phenomenal episodes and storylines; however the later seasons did fall off. It should’ve ended earlier, which is the case with a lot of shows. It may have less impact now so much later after 9/11, but it was powerful when it came out.
You never, ever, ******** with the widow...

It's just not cricket.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is a good BBC show (I got over the Harry Potter connection, I have enjoyed all of the investigations)

Ive read two of the Cormoran Strike books. They were very good.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
So kind of intrigued by the premise of renovating and restoring an old motel (and kinda considering some similar investments ourselves), the gf and I put ourselves through Motel Makeover this week.

Kill
Me
Now

Firstly: omfg those accents. I just couldn't handle them. This combination vocal fry with an upward inflection mixed in with some valley girl overrrr pronouncing errrr sounds.

Then just every piece of the execution. Building a motel with nothing but lnstacuteness in mind..."ohmygoood you totally caaaan spray paint overrrrr chrome!" No. You can't. Apparently they brand their resorts 'June' and making anything cute is 'junifying' it. Every time they used that grating-ass phrase all I could think was "stop trying to make fetch happen".

The only thing that kept me going was laughing at their builder. Salt of the earth dude who is clearly the only builder in a town where a big job is repairing a barn door. He spends the entire series with this look of "I only have one project to get me through the winter and it's these two ******* airheads who are going to make me repaint it four times before they decide they liked the first color best."

Can I give a minus score out of 10?

Last edited:

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rewatched Upload. I think I enjoyed it just as much the second time as I did the first. Really looking forward to Season 2, whenever Amazon gets around to showing it.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is amazing how out of societal favor the dialogue of Rescue Me really me. Almost a fascinating capsule collection.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So kind of intrigued by the premise of renovating and restoring an old motel (and kinda considering some similar investments ourselves)
Some property management company did this near me. Took a Days Inn that was originally a mid century Travelodge, restored the exterior, and did the interior with an upscale MCM vibe. Prices are more reasonable than I expected, too.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Some property management company did this near me. Took a Days Inn that was originally a mid century Travelodge, restored the exterior, and did the interior with an upscale MCM vibe. Prices are more reasonable than I expected, too.
Those girls with the nice mirrors hiding bad plumbing launched at CA$430 a night with a 3 night minimum stay. Absurd.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This combination vocal fry with an upward inflection mixed in with some valley girl overrrr pronouncing errrr sounds.

Even the trailer was fingernails on a chalkboard to me. I know it sounds terrible but that vocal fry is unlistenable. I recently tried to listed to the Murdaugh murders podcast and while I understand the narrator can't do anything about her own voice (and clearly she's not a pro), I just couldn't do it. The reviews are hilarious.

0vocal.jpg

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Even the trailer was fingernails on a chalkboard to me. I know it sounds terrible but that vocal fry is unlistenable. I recently tried to listed to the Murdaugh murders podcast and while I understand the narrator can't do anything about her own voice (and clearly she's not a pro), I just couldn't do it. The reviews are hilarious.

View attachment 1680283
In a podcast I used to listen to, one host would laugh after literally everything she said. It was definitely due to insecurity, but it was annoying as hell. One episode they scolded the audience for writing mean reviews like that about it.

Dude who ran it wanted to quit his job and podcast full time, too. If you want me to hit up your Patreon, try to pretend you’re making an effort to be professional.

They also would occasionally sing, which also drove me absolutely insane. Don’t sing on podcasts. Just don’t do it, even if you’re trying to be funny. It’s never good.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been enjoying Impeachment: American Crime Story so far.

I was too young to really know the politics behind it (I was more of the "haha *******" age) so watching it play out has been fascinating.

Also, Linda Tripp...god damn. I was happy this past episode when some lawyer tossed out a throwaway line like "It's a good thing there are tapes...because a jury would *hate* her".

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Linda Tripp lived in Columbia, MD, I remember seeing bumper stickers, something to the effect of:

You think you have bad neighbors, I live near Linda Tripp

damn

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Y-The Last Man...

What a trip that would be.
Your dance card would be full every night.
I enjoyed the comic book but found ep. 1 of this just felt like generic apocalypse pr0n.

It is amazing how out of societal favor the dialogue of Rescue Me really me. Almost a fascinating capsule collection.

Do you think NYFD stations sound that different right now?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads