• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm only three episodes in, but Resident Alien is fantastic.

Why did none of you jerks recommend it? What's the purpose of this thread if I have to find all the good stuff on my own?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm only three episodes in, but Resident Alien is fantastic.

Why did none of you jerks recommend it? What's the purpose of this thread if I have to find all the good stuff on my own?

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, but aside from those times, did any of you ever say, "Hey! 609! Buddy! You should watch Resident Alien, it's great and you'll love it!"

No?

I rest my case.

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just taking a selfie

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, but aside from those times, did any of you ever say, "Hey! 609! Buddy! You should watch Resident Alien, it's great and you'll love it!"

No?

I rest my case.
I accept your argument.

recent viewing has been Dr Death on Peacock. I am enjoying it, but might have a hard time seeing medical professionals in that same way going forward. Alec Baldwin and Christian Slater are great.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No?

I rest my case.

I believe I sent you a PM about it once.

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm talking about; just a little something to show you care.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Resident Alien is great. I think my wife would enjoy it but she can't get past the title, as a one time Green Card holder.

Just got caught up on seasons 4 & 5 of The Expanse. Good stuff, especially Amos' arc, but I was really annoyed that they started using sound effects for the space battles. They are much more dramatic in silence intercut with loud scenes inside the ships.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Resident Alien is great. I think my wife would enjoy it but she can't get past the title, as a one time Green Card holder.

Just got caught up on seasons 4 & 5 of The Expanse. Good stuff, especially Amos' arc, but I was really annoyed that they started using sound effects for the space battles. They are much more dramatic in silence intercut with loud scenes inside the ships.
The only sound you hear in a vacuum of space are special effects.

SixOhNine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the show runners really wanted to make the space scenes silent for accuracy, but test audiences didn't think it was as dramatic. Humans expect thing to make sounds and we don't respond well to silence.

One of the great things about the show Firefly was that it did use silence very intentionally for space and imo, it worked really well.

(Also, it had Alan Tudyk. So double awesome)

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the show runners really wanted to make the space scenes silent for accuracy, but test audiences didn't think it was as dramatic. Humans expect thing to make sounds and we don't respond well to silence.

One of the great things about the show Firefly was that it did use silence very intentionally for space and imo, it worked really well.

(Also, it had Alan Tudyk. So double awesome)
The rail gun scenes are the bestest...

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
The rail gun scenes are the bestest...
There's a really great scene in season 2(?) when we first see the guns in action...the slugs passing through the ships were amazing. One of the best space battles ever.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Watching Harrow, shot in Oz. It's basically a modern reboot of Quincy, M.E., right down to the Asian sidekick.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.